Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,347 Members 50,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Nexus 6 - What do you think?

Tip us?

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by XdrummerXboy View Post
I just dropped water on the bottom of my GS3 and messed up the the bottom 1/4 of the display....

1) I sure hope the nexus 6 comes sometime in October (or sooner)

2) I've never been so happy to have ads show up in apps! (The ones across the bottom)

Sent from Galaxy S3 running CM11
The price and spec of the OPO is good, I bought one for my son, he liked, no flaws, bought one for my neighbour, he liked no flaws, bought one for myself (yes that good). I know OPO gets bad press but a lot of it is venting due to hard to get the phone followed by bugs of which many arent real. It is really the "son of Nexus".

I got another Europe trip coming up and looking forward to better battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
Nexus 5 stock 4.4.4 +ElementalX, Nexus 7 2013 stock 4.4.4 +ElementalX, Nexus 10 Stock 4.4.4 + Franco

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelhealy View Post
The price and spec of the OPO is good, I bought one for my son, he liked, no flaws, bought one for my neighbour, he liked no flaws, bought one for myself (yes that good). I know OPO gets bad press but a lot of it is venting due to hard to get the phone followed by bugs of which many arent real. It is really the "son of Nexus".

I got another Europe trip coming up and looking forward to better battery life.

Oh I'd love an OPPO, but not available for Verizon, my carrier :/

Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Oh I'd love an OPPO, but not available for Verizon, my carrier :/

cheap fast reliable is my mantra. Hence Nexus, OPO, StraightTalk. I moved my neighbour from Verizon and my son from Sprint and both say glad they switched. I prefer T-Mobile's pricing but they dont have the coverage across USA. I put a UK SIM in my phone as I leave USA which covers Europe, so I only take GSM unlocked phones.

Oh cringe, Verizon.....

Nexus 5 stock 4.4.4 +ElementalX, Nexus 7 2013 stock 4.4.4 +ElementalX, Nexus 10 Stock 4.4.4 + Franco

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelhealy View Post
cheap fast reliable is my mantra. Hence Nexus, OPO, StraightTalk. I moved my neighbour from Verizon and my son from Sprint and both say glad they switched. I prefer T-Mobile's pricing but they dont have the coverage across USA. I put a UK SIM in my phone as I leave USA which covers Europe, so I only take GSM unlocked phones.

Oh cringe, Verizon.....

Yes, Verizon is a bit of a pain to be with sometimes, to me its mainly just the supported devices, as I feel the pricing is reasonable for the amount of coverage they offer.

I REALLY wish they were GSM though. I still have unlimited 4G LTE through Verizon though.

I was just looking at Straighttalk. $495 a year ($41.25 a month) for unlimited everything? That's a pretty good deal. How is their coverage and support for devices?

Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11

nigelhealy
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Yes, Verizon is a bit of a pain to be with sometimes, to me its mainly just the supported devices, as I feel the pricing is reasonable for the amount of coverage they offer.

I REALLY wish they were GSM though. I still have unlimited 4G LTE through Verizon though.

I was just looking at Straighttalk. $495 a year ($41.25 a month) for unlimited everything? That's a pretty good deal. How is their coverage and support for devices?

The concept is
- you get your OS support from the community. So say stock or CM or PA etc
- unlocked phone of high spec.
- monthly carrier cost and switch porting number to get best deal and coverage

In case of OPO you're buying the phone and really just need OPO around to cover phone warranty. You are really committing to CM who give your OS patch and upgrade e.g Android L. Straightalk is just a cheap monthly provider I never call support as it works. Straightalk is not unlimited 4G it is 4G til 3GB then slower. You pair the limited 4G with the OPO 64GB storage and use local media you get when home on WiFi and complement with otg as required. The local storage then means isolated from speed and coverage issues.

Its an open reliable cheaper approach overall.

The Following User Says Thank You to nigelhealy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]