Nexus 6 / X / Whatever. . . . Hummmm
Of all the information we have so far, I'm edging my bets on a 5.2" device, a 5.9" inch devices seems unlikley as its eating into the Nexus 7 market and not far of a Phone.
Remember the Nexus series has always been a benchmark set by google for a midhigh/highend handset for the next version of Android, if the HTC tablet rumors are true why would Google even consider a 5.9" its eating into their other product market !
I have been a nexus user since the N1 landed, and it still has never delivered on the basic wants of nexus users, unless google can address this by :
1. Fixing the Battery - AKA MAKE IT BIGGER & INCLUDE BATTERY SAVING OPTIONS IN THE OS
2. Including suitable storage options - 32/64 Variants or include a SD card slot ( preferably increase on board storage, they pay very little for these wholesale and they barly increase in size vs storage space )
3. A DECENT CAMERA ! ( since the Nesus S, i have been waiting for google to catch up with everyone else, and they still don't have it right )
4. Realize that ramming a Better / Brighter & Denser /Faster versions of GPU / SCREEN / CPU does not make a better phone to use day to day !
If the next incarnation of the Nexus does not achieve this whats the point now ? there are some better suited handsets already on the market that do this not pointing to the G3 or even the G2 thats still better than the Nexus 5.
For me from what rumors have said i'd like to see :
- 5.2" 1080p screen
- Snapdragon 801 or 805 SoC ( Rather the 801 option )
- 3000Mha Battery
- 10/13mp Camera with OIS
- WIFI / NFC / Qi / BT4.0 LE / LTE ( 4G )
- 32 & 64 GB storage options
- Notification Light
- Touch less Control ( a'La Moto X )
If something similar is not the outcome i'd definatly not be interested in it.
I love my Nexus 5 & 7 but i wont fork out extra cash for gimmicks or the same old pitfalls
Nexus 4 - CM11(Nightly's) - Kernel - CM Stock
Nexus 5 - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT
Nexus 7 (2nd Gen ) - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT
G Watch - Ghoma P10 - ROOTED