Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,651 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Google Nexus 6 - What do you think?

Tip us?

nemonius
Old
Thanks Meter 2
This is getting funny. They are defending rumored screen size of rumored Nexus x. Chillout and wait for facts.

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrizzMatik View Post
Benchmarks, rumors and leaks have been describing both 5.2" and 5.9" screen sizes under the Motorola Shamu codename, so there's some credibility to the rumor.
A few places did the math with resolution and dpi, and it comes out to about 4.6" even though it says 5.2" and 5.9", so I think any screen size is still fair game...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Free mobile app
Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
That is old news fkloznica, it is phonearena itself that is now reporting the rumor about it being a two phone release which should also answer the fellow that quoted me above. You do bring up a good example of possible nerfing though, I would like more than the 2300mah batt for sure and I think most would agree with that desire but if both are showing up in benchmarks and there are two devices it would seem that one would find its way into the compact and not large. Again assuming the rumors are true...

hutzdani
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Nexus 6 / X / Whatever. . . . Hummmm

Of all the information we have so far, I'm edging my bets on a 5.2" device, a 5.9" inch devices seems unlikley as its eating into the Nexus 7 market and not far of a Phone.

Remember the Nexus series has always been a benchmark set by google for a midhigh/highend handset for the next version of Android, if the HTC tablet rumors are true why would Google even consider a 5.9" its eating into their other product market !

I have been a nexus user since the N1 landed, and it still has never delivered on the basic wants of nexus users, unless google can address this by :

1. Fixing the Battery - AKA MAKE IT BIGGER & INCLUDE BATTERY SAVING OPTIONS IN THE OS

2. Including suitable storage options - 32/64 Variants or include a SD card slot ( preferably increase on board storage, they pay very little for these wholesale and they barly increase in size vs storage space )

3. A DECENT CAMERA ! ( since the Nesus S, i have been waiting for google to catch up with everyone else, and they still don't have it right )

4. Realize that ramming a Better / Brighter & Denser /Faster versions of GPU / SCREEN / CPU does not make a better phone to use day to day !

If the next incarnation of the Nexus does not achieve this whats the point now ? there are some better suited handsets already on the market that do this not pointing to the G3 or even the G2 thats still better than the Nexus 5.

For me from what rumors have said i'd like to see :
  • 5.2" 1080p screen
  • Snapdragon 801 or 805 SoC ( Rather the 801 option )
  • 3000Mha Battery
  • 10/13mp Camera with OIS
  • WIFI / NFC / Qi / BT4.0 LE / LTE ( 4G )
  • 32 & 64 GB storage options
  • Notification Light
  • Touch less Control ( a'La Moto X )

If something similar is not the outcome i'd definatly not be interested in it.

I love my Nexus 5 & 7 but i wont fork out extra cash for gimmicks or the same old pitfalls
Nexus 4 - CM11(Nightly's) - Kernel - CM Stock

Nexus 5 - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT

Nexus 7 (2nd Gen ) - CM11-M8-SNAPSHOT

G Watch - Ghoma P10 - ROOTED

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hutzdani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krabman
Old
Thanks Meter 153
I'll tell you one thing I'd like to have from the N1, that would be the trackball. Loved that thing. Loved that it made it easy to do fine editing, loved that it brought the notifications out in 3D as it were. Yep, if I was going to name one bit of yestertech in the Nexus series I missed that would be the one. Hutzdani I'm assuming you are aware the current rumor has many of the specs you are asking for. Of those that are not mentioned as rumor the 805 has native support for screen input at low power (screen off) we should have some hope of getting ttw and such leveraging that support. Not saying it will happen but it seems like the door is open. If there has been anything on the notifications I've missed it but I'm hoping for an RGB obviously and I cant imagine it not getting one.

350Rocket
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I owned a nexus one for about 9 months (it was already over 3 years old when I got it) have to agree. The trackball was awesome.

My current beater work phone is my friend's old HTC desire. It has a good working optical trackpad that I also use to wake the phone but it doesn't have the good led built in.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Free mobile app