[Guide] to Build your KitKat ROM (CM-AOKP-Carbon-Slim) x N5 from source (Ubuntu14LTS)

OP PippoX3

11th April 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #51  
Flag Kitchener
Thanks Meter: 1,574

2,520 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD

I'll double check right now. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I already did that part. I don't skip steps I follow the instructions to the letter man. I really wouldn't be posting if I didn't run into issues.

Not trying to be offensive...

Another thing to remember is its case sensitive. Make sure the folder you created matches exactly to what you are trying g to type in the terminal.

11th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #52  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,224

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
No worries I'll look for another guide. I'm just stuck at the sdk part and I know there's a few good Ubuntu Android sdk guides. Thanks guys

11th April 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 348

620 posts
Quote:

No worries I'll look for another guide. I'm just stuck at the sdk part and I know there's a few good Ubuntu Android sdk guides. Thanks guys

Did you DL the ADT bundle or just the sdk?

Here's where mine resides after I unpacked it. I created the folder called SDK then placed the bundle in that then unpacked.

Code:
matt@mattsdm4:~/SDK/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130917/sdk$
11th April 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #54  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone

Did you DL the ADT bundle or just the sdk?

Here's where mine resides after I unpacked it. I created the folder called SDK then placed the bundle in that then unpacked.

Code:
matt@mattsdm4:~/SDK/adt-bundle-linux-x86_64-20130917/sdk$

/home/fum/Downloads/AndroidSDK/ just like the guide states. Renamed it and everything.

From the terminal
fum@fum-System-Product-Name:~/Downloads/AndroidSDK/tools$
11th April 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #55  

620 posts
Quote:

/home/fum/Downloads/AndroidSDK/ just like the guide states. Renamed it and everything.

Can you navigate to it with the file manager? If so you can add this to be able to right click then open in terminal from there. It's pretty nice to have this set up anyway if you type as slow as I do. lol
The Following User Says Thank You to theesotericone For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 01:36 AM   |  #56  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theesotericone

Can you navigate to it with the file manager? If so you can add this to be able to right click then open in terminal from there. It's pretty nice to have this set up anyway if you type as slow as I do. lol

I installed new updates from Ubuntu, rebooted, deleted all the Android SDK files and redid the download, moved the SDK folder again and renamed it, setup what you recommened and bam now its working. Thanks to all. I look forward to building my first rom!
11th April 2014, 01:40 AM   |  #57  

620 posts
Quote:

I installed new updates from Ubuntu, rebooted, deleted all the Android SDK files and redid the download, moved the SDK folder again and renamed it, setup what you recommened and bam now its working. Thanks to all. I look forward to building my first rom!

Cool. I'll be doing it all over again in a week. As soon as final for 14.04 is out I'm making the switch. Oh my internet provider is gonna love me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread