FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[GUIDE][FIX] Boot loop on Lollipop 5.0 and above (fix persist partition)

1,461 posts
Thanks Meter: 953

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
16th July 2015, 06:26 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stuck in a boot loop (boot animation is going on and on)
My Nexus 5 is stuck in a boot loop (boot animation is going on and on)
I tried to solve the issue with Wugfresh Root tool kit .
Had installed TWRP Recovery .
While Factory data rest I am getting Error " e:unable to mount '/persist' "

What should I do next???

I am trying ADB Commands from the CMD but its giving me some errors (not found) , I must have written wrong command because I am new to this.
Help!!
Last edited by SamarthX; 16th July 2015 at 06:29 PM.

17th July 2015, 03:15 AM |#72  

More
I have Clockwork Recovery Touch on my Nexus 5. Will this work with that, or do I need to switch to TWRP or Philz recovery?

Also, what does the universal naked driver do? I can run commands from Windows through command prompt no problem.

The only issue I have is that after flying once and using airplane mode, WiFi is stuck turning on. I've tried just deleting the wifi folder, remaking it and adding the .macaddr file, but no success. I might go ahead and do the whole /persist fix this thread details, but I'd like to know if I need TWRP and universal naked driver. Any help would be awesome!
17th July 2015, 03:47 PM |#73  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinstripebob

I have Clockwork Recovery Touch on my Nexus 5. Will this work with that, or do I need to switch to TWRP or Philz recovery?

Also, what does the universal naked driver do? I can run commands from Windows through command prompt no problem.

The only issue I have is that after flying once and using airplane mode, WiFi is stuck turning on. I've tried just deleting the wifi folder, remaking it and adding the .macaddr file, but no success. I might go ahead and do the whole /persist fix this thread details, but I'd like to know if I need TWRP and universal naked driver. Any help would be awesome!

The "wifi turning on" issue is not related to the persist partition. People who have corrupted persist can turn on the wifi and bluetooth just fine, but their mac address become random.
18th July 2015, 04:51 PM |#74  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

The "wifi turning on" issue is not related to the persist partition. People who have corrupted persist can turn on the wifi and bluetooth just fine, but their mac address become random.

Oh okay. How do I fix the wifi turning on issue?
18th July 2015, 09:42 PM |#75  
OP Senior Member
Flag Göd

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinstripebob

Oh okay. How do I fix the wifi turning on issue?

I wish I knew, but I dont any soultion for that.

Tapatalk-kal küldve az én Nexus 5-el
21st July 2015, 12:32 AM |#76  

More
OK, I think this is exactly the issue I'm facing. I wish to beg for a guide. I have not so much as rooted my phone. Yes it is a nexus 5 using Lolipop and it is looping at the boot animation. I don't have a clue what anyone is talking about concerning TWP or any of the tools mentioned. I called Google and they put me in touch with LG to send them my phone, but all I have seen is people saying that they were told that they had to have their 'motherboard' replaced at $200. Nutz to that!

So.... anyone willing to step me through the process? It sounds like a number of you have had great success in getting past this... I'm not hip to much more that booting into recovery mode.

Here is a great opportunity for someone to prove that humans can be altruistic.
22nd July 2015, 03:41 PM |#77  

More
As painful as this was for me, all my moaning and groaning, FIXED! Learned a lot and can see that it is difficult to improve on this process. I don't know if anyone could have made this ordeal easier. I just had to keep making mistakes and try to learn as I went. Now what do I do with a brand new, never been opened HTC 1 (m8)?

Oh, and not to forget, thank you Bitdomo (and company), whoever you are.
25th July 2015, 08:01 PM |#78  

More
help please
when i type the adb shell command instead of the next line starting with ~# for me to type the e2sfck... command my second line is coming up as ~#[6N theres a arrow pointing left right after the number symbol, couldnt find one on my keyboard, could anyone help please? when i type the e2sfck/ command it says not found

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

i typed adb shell command and instead of second line beginning ~# mine begins ~#[6N so when i type the e2fsck/ command it says not found, can someone help please? thanks

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitdomo

What is the persist partition?

Persist is partition mounted at /persist. It has ext4 file system. DRM releated files, sensor reg file (sns.reg), wifi and bluetooth mac addresses are stored there.

If you experience the following issues:

• Can't access to internal storage.
  • No signal even after formating cache and fastboot flash cache.img
  • IMEI number is lost even after formating cache and fastboot flash cache.img
  • Boot loop on Lollipop 5.0 and above
  • You get "e: cannot mount /persist" in recovery
then your persist partition have to be fixed.

Requirements to proceed:
  • Ability to use adb command.
  • TWRP or Philz touch recovery.
  • Universal Naked Driver for recovery. (Windows users)
  • Root.

Setting up adb, rooting and installing drivers are not part of this guide. If you have to do that then please use @rootSU's great thread to find the guides you need.

Let's start!
  • Reboot your phone to recovery.
  • Connect USB cable.
  • Open CMD or Terminal application.
  • Enter following commands in CMD or Terminal application:

You should be prompted to repair or fix errors. Keep pressing enter until the process finishes.
If you are not prompted for repair or you still have problems then follow my instructions.

• Get to that point again when you entered the adb shell command then type the following command:

• Reboot your phone.

Now all your problems should be gone now, but your wifi and bluetooth addresses should be fixed to prevent further problems or bugs.
  • Download this rar file.
  • Extract it.
  • (Linux users should enable show hidden files)
  • Open .bdaddr with a hexeditor.
  • You should see following:
  • Change the last three 00 to something else.
  • You can use 0-9 numerals and A-F letters.
  • Save the modified .bdaddr.
  • Open .macaddr with a hexeditor.
  • You should see the following:

• Change the last three 00 to something else.
  • You can use 0-9 numerals and A-F letters.
  • Save the modified .macaddr.
  • Copy both files to your sdcard.
  • Enable USB debugging on the phone.
  • Open CMD or Terminal application. (If you closed it)
  • Enter following commands in CMD or Terminal application:

• Grant access on the phone.

Reboot your phone. All your problems should have gone now. You can delete .bdaddr and .macaddr from your sdcard.

About the other files:

SNS.reg will be regenrated, but the DRM releated files will not. Nobody ever complained about the missing DRM files, but I still want to make it possible to restore them. If anyone could make an md5 checksum about the files on the persist partition that would be great.

hey bitdomo, i just need some help i got stuck because when i typed the adb shell command instead the next line starting with ~# mine is ~#[6N so when i type e2fsck command it says not found, im using the TWRP recovery installed.. do you know how to fix this? thanks
26th July 2015, 08:23 PM |#79  

More
Little question here quite easy or not how do you transfer the 2 files in SDcard if you can't gain access to it??
I'm stuck at this points.
Last edited by ShaunYCash; 26th July 2015 at 10:19 PM.
Yesterday, 07:44 AM |#80  

More
hey @bitdomo thanks for this mine worked after first 2 commands so thats all i needed to do except now i noticed a small problem the phone is not recognizing my rear camera, the camera app icon vanished and so did my flashlight icon in top menu, if i open the camera with an app like snapchat it only shows front cam if you press the button to switch to rear cam nothing happens.. any idea what this is from?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband unknow, error mounting /persist, no imei, no signal, persist
Previous Thread Next Thread