Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,332 Members 52,606 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

Tip us?

aerius5mg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default sync ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin2 View Post
Depends. For me it is. If you are not interested in alarms to wake you up and can help yourself by borrowing a compatible Samsung phone to make the firmware update and receive new functionality like sleep tracking, then you only will face one important issue:

you cannot sync the measured data to your phone, as this is done by S-Health which currently does not work. The Fit with its big display can still show you all relevant data and also historical data, so that is not a 100% no-go. But for the people who like to browse through fitness stats of past months on an app or in a browser, this is still a show stopper.

i've installed Samsung_com.osp.app.signin_1.4.0370_140370.apk on my nexus 5 and all it's okeay i can now sync my health data with gear

and i ve the samsung account installed on my nexus two
The Following User Says Thank You to aerius5mg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PiTRiS
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I just made apps like calendar working on Gear Fit on Nexus 5 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=114

Darkbob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default S-Health

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerius5mg View Post
i've installed Samsung_com.osp.app.signin_1.4.0370_140370.apk on my nexus 5 and all it's okeay i can now sync my health data with gear

and i ve the samsung account installed on my nexus two
So where did you get that apk and how the heck did you get a samsung account working on a Nexus???

PiTRiS
Old
(Last edited by PiTRiS; 28th April 2014 at 08:15 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbob View Post
So where did you get that apk and how the heck did you get a samsung account working on a Nexus???
http://pool.apk.aptoide.com/m3taxx/c...b7500745fe.apk

found the apk, installed it, can login, but fitness for gear is not working... will try s-health...

EDIT: ok, s-health - not working. Ftiness for gears needs to be installed AFTER the samsung account, then it's possible to link it with the acc and it looks like it's working but still not getting data from the band. Guess one more service is needed

mluppov
Old
(Last edited by mluppov; 9th May 2014 at 12:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nala1908 View Post
i made a video explaining how to use the Fit on the Nexus 5. this also may work with other phones im unsure.

mediafire.com/folder/05n572epblf4v/Gear_Fit_Nexus
youtu.be/Sk0vsx6k-cU

download those files
install GR.gearmanagerstub.apk
then install gear fit update 1.25.apk
open the app and pair the fit. it should connect. you can use it like this but the update ads a few features like screen rotation.
now you need to get a samsung phone that is compatible and update the fit to 1.49
now you uninstall GR.gearmanagerstub.apk and gear fit update 1.25.apk
now install gearfitmanager1.49update.apk and gearfitinstaller.apk and pair your device. everything should be working perfectly.
Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely try this on my S4 with GE ROM which is pretty much the same as Nexus 5.

_EriK_
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Hi guys! I can't connect my fit to the fitness with gear app. Any help or sugestion will be great.

Darkbob
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Any update?

So it's been a while. I've had my GearFit and love it. Great little toy. But as for a fitness tracker? Not so much. Mainly because I have a Nexus and not a Samsung phone.

So has anybody been able to get the Gearfit to work as a FITNESS tracker without buying a Samsung phone?

And while we are at it, how about the Alarm feature? Seems like the thing has a timer - it should be easy enough to put a simple alarm on it. Geez!

ix3u
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTRiS View Post
http://pool.apk.aptoide.com/m3taxx/c...b7500745fe.apk

found the apk, installed it, can login, but fitness for gear is not working... will try s-health...

EDIT: ok, s-health - not working. Ftiness for gears needs to be installed AFTER the samsung account, then it's possible to link it with the acc and it looks like it's working but still not getting data from the band. Guess one more service is needed
Yeah, it let me set up a Samsung account but even going into accounts through settings, it won't let me sync my account at all which I'm guessing is the reason fitness isn't syncing with it. I feel like one the Samsung account will sync, then the fitness app will probably work.

martybg
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ix3u View Post
Yeah, it let me set up a Samsung account but even going into accounts through settings, it won't let me sync my account at all which I'm guessing is the reason fitness isn't syncing with it. I feel like one the Samsung account will sync, then the fitness app will probably work.
Samsung suck's for causing us such pain, they want to use Android system but they want it only for themselfs - what a suckers!

DangKid
Old
Thanks Meter 79
I just got the Fit for $99 at Best Buy and I am not getting notifications on my Nexus 5. I have the Fit updated to the latest firmware and have the two apps sideloaded. Has anyone else run into any issues lately? Running the L preview on my stock N5.