Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

Tip us?

darb1985
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbob View Post
I am up and running with the 1.25apk. Everything more or less works except weather and alarms. Find device even works (cool).

Major Problem #1: Frequent bluetooth disconnects and it never reconnects on it's own.

Major Problem #2: I need the new firmware. My Fit has a "landscape" display but sits "portrait" on a normal human wrist. (Perhaps Korean wrists are different?)

I went to T-Mo today but the only sales person willing to help only had a Note 3. It had the 1.49 Gear Fit app but that app couldn't pair with the Fit. Which is exactly the same issue I get when I try to pair the fit using the 1.49 app on a Nexus 5 - no pairing.

Does the firmware update work differently on a Galaxy S5? How is 1.49 on an S5 going to work if it can't pair?
do you mind sharing with me that apk? the verision 1.25 ? I have 1.49 and cant connect
ROM: ViperXL 3.2.6
Kernel: ElementalX 6.4: ultra settings
Radio: 0.24p.32.09.06_10.130.32.34L

Iron_Tiger
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For those who are having trouble with updating the firmware on the gear fit and don't have access to a galaxy device the watch can be updated via Kies(3.0) on a PC.