Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

OP nala1908

7th August 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #41  
Flag Managua
Thanks Meter: 41

182 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbob

I am up and running with the 1.25apk. Everything more or less works except weather and alarms. Find device even works (cool).

Major Problem #1: Frequent bluetooth disconnects and it never reconnects on it's own.

Major Problem #2: I need the new firmware. My Fit has a "landscape" display but sits "portrait" on a normal human wrist. (Perhaps Korean wrists are different?)

I went to T-Mo today but the only sales person willing to help only had a Note 3. It had the 1.49 Gear Fit app but that app couldn't pair with the Fit. Which is exactly the same issue I get when I try to pair the fit using the 1.49 app on a Nexus 5 - no pairing.

Does the firmware update work differently on a Galaxy S5? How is 1.49 on an S5 going to work if it can't pair?

do you mind sharing with me that apk? the verision 1.25 ? I have 1.49 and cant connect
12th August 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
For those who are having trouble with updating the firmware on the gear fit and don't have access to a galaxy device the watch can be updated via Kies(3.0) on a PC.
15th November 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?
17th November 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus5Guy

Anybody know how to get the gear fit to work on a fresh install on Andtoid 5.0?

I would like to know the same....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread