FORUMS

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

22nd February 2015, 08:45 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthete

I made a detailed post in the Gear Fit forums about how I got it working on Lollipop: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=175

I hope that helps you.

Alarms, syncing with SHealth and weather do not work.

wow this looks perfect, thanks! In the meantime I went out also bought a Gear S, any chance you also written a guide for getting that when working with a nexus 5 with lollipop? Or know of any such guide?

22nd February 2015, 09:22 PM |#52  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb4269

wow this looks perfect, thanks! In the meantime I went out also bought a Gear S, any chance you also written a guide for getting that when working with a nexus 5 with lollipop? Or know of any such guide?

have one of those.
Nope, sorry. I don't have one of those. Good luck with it
19th April 2015, 07:08 PM |#53  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Love this thread! I got my gear fit working with my nexus 5. I am having some work done on my GS4 and should have it back in hand soon. Does anyone know how updating the GF will affect how it works with my GS4?
10th May 2015, 08:30 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?
10th May 2015, 08:54 PM |#55  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible132

Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?

It isn't 100% working and some of the features are broken or limited. Notifications and music control work. Some App Connect apps work. Some apps need to be modified to work. Some people complain of frequent bluetooth disconnects. The SHealth app will install, but refuses to sync with the Gear Fit. Endomondo can be used instead. Head over to the Gear Fit forums and, more specifically This Thread for more information. That particular thread has instructions and files to get it working with Lollipop. I am currently using it with 5.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to synesthete For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread