FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[GUIDE] Using Samsung Gear Fit with Nexus 5

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 9
 
By nala1908, Junior Member on 12th April 2014, 04:07 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd February 2015, 08:45 PM |#51  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthete

I made a detailed post in the Gear Fit forums about how I got it working on Lollipop: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=175

I hope that helps you.

Alarms, syncing with SHealth and weather do not work.

wow this looks perfect, thanks! In the meantime I went out also bought a Gear S, any chance you also written a guide for getting that when working with a nexus 5 with lollipop? Or know of any such guide?
 
 
22nd February 2015, 09:22 PM |#52  
synesthete's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb4269

wow this looks perfect, thanks! In the meantime I went out also bought a Gear S, any chance you also written a guide for getting that when working with a nexus 5 with lollipop? Or know of any such guide?

have one of those.
Nope, sorry. I don't have one of those. Good luck with it
19th April 2015, 07:08 PM |#53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Love this thread! I got my gear fit working with my nexus 5. I am having some work done on my GS4 and should have it back in hand soon. Does anyone know how updating the GF will affect how it works with my GS4?
10th May 2015, 08:30 PM |#54  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?
10th May 2015, 08:54 PM |#55  
synesthete's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible132

Hi,

all posts are pretty old, so I just want to ask, if there is some limitations when using gear fit with nexus 5? Will I be able to use all of it features?

It isn't 100% working and some of the features are broken or limited. Notifications and music control work. Some App Connect apps work. Some apps need to be modified to work. Some people complain of frequent bluetooth disconnects. The SHealth app will install, but refuses to sync with the Gear Fit. Endomondo can be used instead. Head over to the Gear Fit forums and, more specifically This Thread for more information. That particular thread has instructions and files to get it working with Lollipop. I am currently using it with 5.1.
The Following User Says Thank You to synesthete For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2015, 09:34 AM |#56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthete

It isn't 100% working and some of the features are broken or limited. Notifications and music control work. Some App Connect apps work. Some apps need to be modified to work. Some people complain of frequent bluetooth disconnects. The SHealth app will install, but refuses to sync with the Gear Fit. Endomondo can be used instead. Head over to the Gear Fit forums and, more specifically This Thread for more information. That particular thread has instructions and files to get it working with Lollipop. I am currently using it with 5.1.

Hi, I would like to know if the notifications still work with Lollipop 5.1.1
I've just followed the tutorial to flash the firmware and installed the no crack version of Gear Fit manager, and everything works just fine, exept the notifications app... which is the most important for me...

So could you please tell me if your gear fit works 100% well, if yes, could you tell me the firmware version of the gear fit you're using, and what version of gear fit manager you installed
thank you
By the way, you said that notifications works just fine, do you use Hangout? or Messenger? what is your sms app?
(sorry for my bad english... i'm french )

EDIT: I've found it by myself
I just needed to go to the phone parameters / sound and notifications / Access to notification / Check the Gear Fit
It was really that simple.
Last edited by Poseur2peche; 15th June 2015 at 12:53 PM.
15th June 2015, 07:05 PM |#57  
synesthete's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseur2peche

Hi, I would like to know if the notifications still work with Lollipop 5.1.1
I've just followed the tutorial to flash the firmware and installed the no crack version of Gear Fit manager, and everything works just fine, exept the notifications app... which is the most important for me...

So could you please tell me if your gear fit works 100% well, if yes, could you tell me the firmware version of the gear fit you're using, and what version of gear fit manager you installed
thank you
By the way, you said that notifications works just fine, do you use Hangout? or Messenger? what is your sms app?
(sorry for my bad english... i'm french )

EDIT: I've found it by myself
I just needed to go to the phone parameters / sound and notifications / Access to notification / Check the Gear Fit
It was really that simple.

I'm glad that you got it working

I use hangouts and usually Textra for SMS. Also, remember the Gear Manager lets you enable notifications on a per-app basis, so if something isn't working try enabling it there.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes