Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

" Halo is dead, more features to come" says PA team member.

Tip us?

Damian2013
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Yeah but I find the only time I need to do 2 things at once is when I get some notifications. Like I'll be on XDA and get a text message. I dont wanna have to go to hangouts and send the message then go back to XDA. I guess the way I use the phone halo is more important for me? I don't see how multi window is useful for me.

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 10662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian2013 View Post
Can anyone explain multi window to me? From what I've used it can't hold a candle to halo. Having to have that side bar up and choosing what app to have split and it either top or bottom is annoying. I'd rather tap a notification and have it above the current app im using for the time being.
It depends what "multiwindow" you're talking about. If you're talking about samsung one with sidebar, that's different to what I've been talking about which is "xhalofloatingwindow" - which is essentially the halo implementation of floating windows but the ability to have multiple windows at once. But every implementation is different so its impossible to answer your question without knowing which you're talking about but you're describing the samsung one it seems

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.