Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Hope my Nexus looks this good in 3 years. (Moderate amount of pics warning)

OP RainMotorsports

18th January 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 2,227

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm coming from a release day sprint s2 as well lol. That phone was such a monster for its time that I didn't even feel the need to upgrade. I took that phone through hell and it took a beating. I even took it with me through the Sahara. I love that phone and I still have it. I got 2 black ones replaced due to the Phantom keypresses and the power button failure but the white one I fixed the power button myself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th January 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 6

63 posts
N5
I use the N5 almost 3 year And his condition Is 10/10
19th January 2014, 08:12 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wergin

I use the N5 almost 3 year And his condition Is 10/10

Do you also drive a deloreon lol? The n5 just hit 3 months.

19th January 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD

Do you also drive a deloreon lol? The n5 just hit 3 months.

ahahhahahahhahah
20th January 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #15  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 2,505

5,973 posts
More
This thread brings back memories. I LOVED my Epic 4G Touch, it is easily one of my all time favorite phones. I wish I still had it.
21st January 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 22

123 posts
More
I'm currently still using the Sprint GS2 currently, and I just had it replaced for a cracked screen. I got CM11 back up and running on it and then I realized it has the phantom capacitive button pressing problem when it's on 3G. It's so frustrating because I'll have to flash it back to stock, triangle-away the bootloader counter, bring it in to Sprint and have them get me another replacement because as per Asurion insurance, Sprint is where I'm supposed to bring it if it has problems not related to physical damage.

I've already bought a wireless charger with intentions of buying a Nexus 5 on a non-contract plan, I just haven't pulled the trigger. To those of you having upgraded from the Epic 4G Touch to the Nexus 5, was that upgrade a monster one?
21st January 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #17  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Florida

4,516 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustWarnothers

I'm currently still using the Sprint GS2 currently, and I just had it replaced for a cracked screen. I got CM11 back up and running on it and then I realized it has the phantom capacitive button pressing problem when it's on 3G. It's so frustrating because I'll have to flash it back to stock, triangle-away the bootloader counter, bring it in to Sprint and have them get me another replacement because as per Asurion insurance, Sprint is where I'm supposed to bring it if it has problems not related to physical damage.

I've already bought a wireless charger with intentions of buying a Nexus 5 on a non-contract plan, I just haven't pulled the trigger. To those of you having upgraded from the Epic 4G Touch to the Nexus 5, was that upgrade a monster one?

Yeah I was blown away by everything. Only thing is that the speaker is lower and gets covered easily.

21st January 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 716

1,405 posts
More
Yes. While I was plenty happy to stay on my E4GT with the renewed CM efforts I was not happy to stay on sprint. Benchmark wise this thing blows away the E4GT in 3dmark suggesting the gaming performance for one is out of this world in comparison. In general use I don't know.

The screen has excellent viewing angles making me not at all regret switching from an AMOLED phone. Despite an LCD the battery life is phenomenal. I could hardly get 3 hours of screen on with the E4GT. I get 3 hours of screen on and 16 hours total easily with many people getting upwards of 6 hours screen on if you don't mind total run times falling a bit. Its only slightly bigger and with the general idea of DPI scaling the apps don't really show any more than they did on the E4GT sometimes you might not notice any issues having stayed behind on the older device.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread