Votes: 38 9.8%
  • 10GB and to infiniti and beyond ;)

Votes: 70 18.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

t1.8matt

Jan 22, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA.
Before I switched from Verizon, the most I used was 60gb in a month, broke my local stores record for data used on unlimited. I don't have a full month on T-Mobile yet but I'm hoping to top that. :D

Reactions: herosemblem

kmx

Dec 21, 2007
I finally hit over 75GB of data usage with no wifi. This is the most data I have ever used on a phone in my life, and I'm glad I got to do it with a Nexus 5:victory:

75_GB_Data_Usage.png
[/url]

Reactions: herosemblem

parker09

Apr 27, 2010
eparker.me
150mb/month :(

I would use more but there's basically no good plans in Australia under $25/month. I have WiFi at work & home so it's not too bad.

DOBBY0

Jul 1, 2013
I'm always around 100gb a month on sprint. When I'm not working or at school I'm constantly tethering my PC watching how I met your mother and playing Minecraft. A few times I'm doing homework too :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elite_Deforce

Feb 13, 2014
There is WiFI pretty much everywhere I go, so not much, but if I had an unlimited data plan I would probably never use WiFi. Over WiFi, I'll use maybe 3-4 gigs a month.

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
I have 5GB data plan.. Very convenient as I don't have to depends on wifi spot all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 via XDA Premium HD

ummduh

Jan 23, 2011
Washington Co, WI
OnePlus 11
I was using ~2GB/mo with VZW, have only had Tmo for a couple weeks and have so far used about 4GB.

I still don't abuse it on purpose, and still use WiFi when available. Abusing the network in the name of fun is kind of stupid, and it just going to get them to start imposing restrictions.

My data is almost all streaming music from slacker/google.

Droih

Dec 5, 2013
mobiledata caps at 500mb so I stay below that each month, bandwidth management in chrome sure helps here, got a pretty good wifi both at home and work so that helps, on wifi i've used 9gb already this month :)

joannn

Feb 5, 2014
Data Usage

damn! nice!
i would not mind using unlimited data but can only use upto 1GB tops.!(Telecom services sux here in India)

Same story in Japan !!!

Presently i m using 2GB. Looking for unlimited one but the charges are very expensive here for unlimited data:crying:.

Red Wolf

Jun 26, 2012
NYC
I have unlimited plan with T-Mobile but I don't use much data cause I am always on wifi. Monthly might be use 1GB or so, however my Verizon FIOS has good speed 75MBPS download and 35MBPS up :D
Hope G fiber comes to NYC ASAP.

Wjbr1993

Apr 15, 2014
Mine
PD: unlimited, because i want my internet to be free :p

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-23-03-38-05.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-23-03-38-05.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 630

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How many speed tests do you do a day to get to 3 GB of usage?
    Well that seems stupid
    Yup, and your post just oozes of intelligence.
    So the past 30 days I have been really enjoying my unlimited data plan. I finally hit over 75GB of data usage and the journey has been awesome for me. It's so much fun having an Unlimited Everything T-Mobile Data Plan with blazing fast 4G LTE Speeds and never using WIFI :victory: By the end of 2014 I want to try to hit over 100GB of data usage in 1 month ;) I know it's alot of data but I know there are other data hungry Nexus 5 users out there.
    Then I was wondering how much data everybody else has used so far.:confused:
    My top 5 apps that are data hogs are YouTube, Tethering, Speedtest, Soundcloud, and Dropbox.

So my fellow Nexus 5 users, how much data do you use on a monthly basis? And also what top 3 to 5 apps do you use the most data on? :cool:
    75_GB_Data_Usage.png

Edit: Thanks for the feedback you guys. Nice to see some of you really getting your money's worth for the data you are paying for. Hopefully one day cell phone providers will go back to just leaving data unlimited that way we don't have to think about going over limits as overage charges or getting throttled is no fun. For those not using data to save money on your cell phone plan I applaud your ability to control your data usage on a regular basis.
    As for me and others in here who use a lot of data I hope you guys are enjoying your unlimited data plans. Feels great not having to use wifi anymore especially with blazing fast LTE data speeds.

These are the top LTE speeds I have been able to get in Los Angeles so far so that is part of the reason why I use so much data. And yes I do a lot of speedtest on a regular basis as it turns me on in a technological way to see it perform so well. :victory:

2014_02_05_03_32_00.png
    I was using ~2GB/mo with VZW, have only had Tmo for a couple weeks and have so far used about 4GB.

I still don't abuse it on purpose, and still use WiFi when available. Abusing the network in the name of fun is kind of stupid, and it just going to get them to start imposing restrictions.

My data is almost all streaming music from slacker/google.
    last five days

:laugh: