Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 49,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How many times you have dropped your NEXUS 5 ?

Tip us?

sahil kaul
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I bought it the day it launched and I swear I've not dropped it even once, but, the best part is I've not dressed it up with a Case or Screen protector! Is totally Naked... 9 months on! Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

altrstar
Old
Thanks Meter 7
8 months and first time 1 hr ago ... i'm lucky I had a screen protector as it landed right on the corner screen still pristine and the corners a little dented. No case.

Dropped on concrete about 1.5 meters.

Flamehell
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Day one of my nexus 5....but i was really lucky....

Ltdrev
Old
(Last edited by Ltdrev; 29th July 2014 at 03:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
First N5 16 gb black dropped 2x from waist height ... sent back for defective buttons nothing to do with the drops.
then sold replacement for white, dropped from moving car, dropped from desk or drawing table heights on tiles or hardwood many many times while charging (cats) i'd say over 20 times 1 time real hard from a 12 foot mezzanine unprotected on stone floor! Really believed it was toasted but turned out I only had to change bezel and screen (the whole chassi)
Since then then I used a variety of cases ranging from real Google thick as **** TPU real and fake spigen's to big decorated chinese foamy goofy cases but alway came back to cheap TPU skins with high edges around the screen and tempered glass protector.
Got a red one 2 months ago dropped while talking once and flew down a set of cement stairs no damage but broke my tempered screen protector.
White still allgood after repairs...
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment
~Ernest Rutherford

DroidDavi
Old
Thanks Meter 125
A few times but yesterday day morning was bad. When I run I normally put on a bigger case but I forgot it at home and only had my spg ultra slim fit. It fell out of my pocket on the corner of the phone on concert i thought it was over . Some home some way it survived
NEXUS 4 LIMBO NEVER FORGET NEVER EVER FORGET

My Blog http://davionwitherspoon.wordpress.com/

@_DavionW

For my Twitter YouTube and G+
http://about.me/davionwitherspoon

seraphine
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Dropped mine on various surfaces, primarily parquet flooring and tarmac from about waist height. I also accidentally threw it at a concrete wall when attempting to snooze the alarm. Never had a cover or screen protector on it...

Not a crack, but a few chunks of rubbery stuff missing from the edges :P I love this thing.

Lets Assume
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I remember the first time I dropped my N5. About 2 feet off of tile, it shattered horribly. I got a new one, and I couldn't even tell you how many times I've dropped it. Garage floor, tile, asphalt, anything. This one doesn't shatter. (Hopefully I didn't just jinx that.)

I didn't have a case on when it fell the first time, or any of the other times I dropped my second N5. Today, I came across my Spigen SlimArmor case and decided to put it on.

Roxas598
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Dropped mine on the ground last night some scuffs to the corners no other damage but the scuffs annoy me lol typical the one day I don't have the case on it never dropped it before and drop it when I took it off

meechieballer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
a couple times then it finally gave up gotta get it replaced
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 80e562df-1065-4908-9b9a-5d6d7a51d0d3.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (39.1 KB, 39 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to meechieballer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]