Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,088 Members 39,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How many times you have dropped your NEXUS 5 ?

Tip us?

rockinsnake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm really realIy carefull with my gadgets but somehow I managed to drop mine 3ice that too in the same month.

1st on on road
2nd from my bed on to the floor
3rd time while sitting on my Bike on to my front yard

1st time i had my cover on so no harm was done, but lucky nothing happened during other two times either not even a scratch or anything..
Everything working fine.
Journey So Far......

Macswoon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I dropped my N5 one time - on the carpet in my home, lol...

I'm not a screen protector and body protector fan - I like to feel device in my hand without any protectors.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,064
Dropped my first one in the nude and had to sell it because it got scratched. Just dropped my current one last night in a drunken stupor, but luckily cheap vodka enhances my reflexes and I was able to stick my foot out with the quickness to break its fall. Due to the combination of my supreme savior moves and the magpul case I had on it, there's not a ding on it. My N5 has survived to fight another day.
\m/(-_-)\m/

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1,470
Just one time. In a case with a tempered glass screen protector. No damage to the phone, but the protector did its job and took the hit. Has a decent size crack. Noticeable with the screen on and I can feel it when I run my finger over it, but the actual screen is perfect still. I peeled off the plastic on the screen when you buy the phone new and applied the protector with gloves on. The real screen hasn't actually ever been touched. My N5 is MINT. I owned the case and the screen protector for it before I even owned the phone. There's not a single blemish on my phone. Looks brand new when I take it out of the case, which I've done probably only once since I got it to swap out for a different case.
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus

bwomack
Old
Thanks Meter 1
More than I care to remember. But haven't damaged it. I use a ballistic case, and its performed well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

UrbanDrawer
Old
Thanks Meter 142
I've lost the count but the back cover keeps falling off, so a lot.
You take a mortal man,
And put him in control
Watch him become a god,
Watch peoples heads a'roll
A'roll...

DanCapoDaDon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've dropped mine at least 8 times but tech21 cases are the ish I've even demonstrated the cases superior protection by purposely dropping on hardwood floor

Pain-N-Panic
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Six times. My slim armour case by Spigen has protected it each time. Not a single scratch

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,426
ive dropped mine twice too many times. first time, i cracked the top of my screen. second time i cracked the button. but still fully usable, and the cracks arent visable on the screen when its on.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

ummduh
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Too many times. I used to keep a case on it, but it would fill up with sanding/saw dust on the regular, and annoyed the crap out of me. Not to mention I didn't like the size of it with the case.

So I took it off and it stayed off. However it's hit the floor several times since then. HARD. Ceramic 12x12" tile, hardwood, and I'd like to say terrazo, terraza.. whatever that crap is they usually use at malls. Concrete too.

Screen hasn't broken, but the body of the phone is showing battle scars. The area surrounding the SIM try has cracked at opposing corners, and the rim of the body surrounding the screen is dented and left a couple weird flat spots protruding beyond the screen (so it's no longer flush with the screen).

The screen doesn't have a scratch on it, though.