FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HOW TO] Stop Google 4.4.3 Downloading

14th June 2014, 11:47 AM |#1  
kemmo123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
im sure this has been mentioned before, but im seeing it popup all over 4.4.2 rom treads. so, here's how to stop your nexus 5 continuously downloading the 4.4.3 update...

root is required you need a app manager with root permissions, I use rom tool box. in its app manager, select google services, then select advanced freeze and look for anything that is labeled 'update service' or similar, and freeze it! this will stop your phone downloading the update...
 
 
14th June 2014, 11:59 AM |#2  
jhill110's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemmo123

im sure this has been mentioned before, but im seeing it popup all over 4.4.2 rom treads. so, here's how to stop your nexus 5 continuously downloading the 4.4.3 update...

root is required you need a app manager with root permissions, I use rom tool box. in its app manager, select google services, then select advanced freeze and look for anything that is labeled 'update service' or similar, and freeze it! this will stop your phone downloading the update...

Well, if you have a custom recovery just take the update... It will fail. And that will be the end of that.... No mo update notices or downloads.
14th June 2014, 12:22 PM |#3  
kemmo123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
you can. but this is more for people getting hassled by the constant google notifications when the update doesn't download properly...
14th June 2014, 06:56 PM |#4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,945
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill110

Well, if you have a custom recovery just take the update... It will fail. And that will be the end of that.... No mo update notices or downloads.

not true. eventually itll download and try again.

get the disable service app from the play store, open it, system apps, google play services, then disable SystemUpdateService.
15th June 2014, 01:45 AM |#5  
jhill110's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santa Barbara
Thanks Meter: 283
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

not true. eventually itll download and try again.

get the disable service app from the play store, open it, system apps, google play services, then disable SystemUpdateService.

I've had 2 devices and this has never failed to work. It IS true.
My current phone hasn't had this issue since 4.4.2's release... Nada.
Last edited by jhill110; 15th June 2014 at 01:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jhill110 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2014, 01:47 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22

not true. eventually itll download and try again.

get the disable service app from the play store, open it, system apps, google play services, then disable SystemUpdateService.

That worked. The pending 4.4.3 update went away after rebooting.
15th June 2014, 03:13 AM |#7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 23,945
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhill110

I've had 2 devices and this has never failed to work. It IS true.
My current phone hasn't had this issue since 4.4.2's release... Nada.

sweet.
but for many itll eventually redownload. including those running cm builds, because of the cm bug that does just that.
15th June 2014, 08:30 AM |#8  
meangreenie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
untick notifications in both..

Google play services
Google services framework

.. in settings/apps, you don't need root for this method
15th June 2014, 07:00 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreenie

untick notifications in both..

Google play services
Google services framework

.. in settings/apps, you don't need root for this method

Does that eliminate notifications for all installed apps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes