5,606,347 Members 33,582 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Jolla Developer Ports Sailfish OS to the Nexus 4: N5 port coming soon

Tip us?

Plays2
Old
Thanks Meter 103
So they dropped the source today. Anyone with an ubuntu machine wanna try building it? I don't have access to my ubuntu machine at the moment but once i do i'm going to try building it for hammerhead.

Here's the github
https://github.com/mer-hybris

Here's the announcement
http://www.jollausers.com/2014/03/sa...l-to-go-crazy/

Edit: obviously you would need to add the hammerhead device trees and if you don't know how to do that then don't bother trying to build it. looks to be based off CM so technically any device that can run CM can run sailfish with some modifications.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check me out on Youtube! http://bit.ly/16NAodO

paperWastage
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays2 View Post
So they dropped the source today. Anyone with an ubuntu machine wanna try building it? I don't have access to my ubuntu machine at the moment but once i do i'm going to try building it for hammerhead.

Here's the github
https://github.com/mer-hybris

Here's the announcement
http://www.jollausers.com/2014/03/sa...l-to-go-crazy/

Edit: obviously you would need to add the hammerhead device trees and if you don't know how to do that then don't bother trying to build it. looks to be based off CM so technically any device that can run CM can run sailfish with some modifications.
well, their github sources is based on cm10.1.3 (android 4.2.2)

might be harder to port to nexus 5(only having a cm11) than nexus 4(which has a working cm10.1.3 repo tree)
Current Device:
Oppo Find 5 - experimental kernel

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post

might be harder to port to nexus 5(only having a cm11) than nexus 4(which has a working cm10.1.3 repo tree)
Yeah, that isn't happening.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Plays2
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperWastage View Post

Ahaa wow I hadn't even noticed! welp guess we're stuck waiting(:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check me out on Youtube! http://bit.ly/16NAodO

nh1402
Old
(Last edited by nh1402; 4th April 2014 at 10:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
What's the chances it works with the Ubuntu touch kernel, they both use libhybris, right?, I wanted to try and swap out the Ubuntu ROM files with the sailfish one(the nexus 4 sailfish rom), but don't know how to access it.

There will be some differences I'm sure can force it to work with some tweaks here and there

havokk
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Ive been looking forward to this OS for a long time lol. hopefully it will hit the Nexus 5 soon.
Current:
Nexus 5 - Stock 4.4, Nexus 7 - CM10.1

Lying around my desk:
Motorola Atrix 4G - CM10,Xperia T - PA,Xperia Play - Doomlord/NXT Light, HTC Desire - Rooted Stock, HTC Desire Z - Hard Bricked, X10i - fixed, Stock + Doom Kernel

Enri1196
Old
Thanks Meter 9
i don't understand if the OP is trying to get Sailfish OS working on N5 or he just wanted to let us know that a port is incoming from the devs of sailfish?? Anyway, is someone trying to get the OS working?? Because i'm really looking forward to this OS as i like it so much hope we will get a build soon

Nexus 5!!! 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.2 Beta
Kernel: Franco.Kernel
&
Ubuntu Touch R302

Last device:
Xperia Play

Devices I'm Working on:
Xperia Sola
Samsung Galaxy SII Plus

synergeticink
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enri1196 View Post
i don't understand if the OP is trying to get Sailfish OS working on N5 or he just wanted to let us know that a port is incoming from the devs of sailfish?? Anyway, is someone trying to get the OS working?? Because i'm really looking forward to this OS as i like it so much hope we will get a build soon
It was just an update that Sailfish OS is coming to N5......."someday". Mostly likely going to happen once I no longer have the N5, right?
Google Nexus 5 (HAMMERHEAD) Powered by T-Mobile
-ROM: Paranoid SaberDroid + REMIX by MikeCriggs
-MOD: MultiROM by Tasssadar
-Kernel: Franco Kernel by Franco

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
-ROM: 4.4 OMNI-ROM by iofthestorm

Theme: LunarUi II (Rebirth) Beta 1 by R3D X
Me: Graphic Designer | UX & UI Designer | Illustrator
Retired Devices: Google Nexus 4 | Samsung Galaxy Note i717 | Samsung Galaxy S II | HTC HD2 | G2

Enri1196
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by synergeticink View Post
It was just an update that Sailfish OS is coming to N5......."someday". Mostly likely going to happen once I no longer have the N5, right?
hahahaha this was really funny XD I hope that the team will start working like the team at Canonical with "Ubuntu Touch" because for now i don't see many things happening in terms of development. I mean same devices, same versions of the os, no updates, no videos or anything from anyone... At this point, i ask you: "What do i have to think?". I know that the project isn't dead, but, you know, there is no development around this project. Only the Nexus 4, ONLY!!! Nexus 4 it's not the only device that has a compatible and fully working CM10.1.3 (((

Nexus 5!!! 32GB
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.2 Beta
Kernel: Franco.Kernel
&
Ubuntu Touch R302

Last device:
Xperia Play

Devices I'm Working on:
Xperia Sola
Samsung Galaxy SII Plus