Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,967 Members 47,064 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keylime Pie instead of Kit Kat!

Tip us?
 
Slorks
Old
(Last edited by ApriliaM3; 14th November 2013 at 12:53 AM.)
#1  
Slorks's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuwait City
Exclamation Keylime Pie instead of Kit Kat!

So I finally get my Spanking new Nexus 5 this morning I switch it on and its running Keylime Pie?!!?! WHY? whats going on? Phone was sealed in box brand new i'm shocked
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-12-17-20-29.png
Views:	7060
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	2387930  
The Following User Says Thank You to Slorks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
egofreak
Old
#2  
egofreak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 99
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorks View Post
So I finally get my Spanking new Nexus 5 this morning I switch it on and its running Keylime Pie?!!?! WHY? whats going on? Phone was sealed in box brand new i'm shocked
Interesting. DO A BACK UP and upload the rom. I wonder if there are some goodies in there?
Devices:
Nexus 5 16gb Black
ROM:Cataclysm+Xposed
Kernel: Franco RXX( Franco updates so often I got tired of changing the number )

Htc ThunderBolt(Retired)
ROM: Long since forgotten
Kernel: Huh? uh..forgot which one at this point.
Radio:MR3

Galaxy tab(sprint)
Rom:CM9
Kernel:CM9 standard
Radio: Radio? I use it as a wifi tab.

Router:WRT300N rev1
Firmware: DD-WRT (std)
 
tangosierra_
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 167
Posts: 794
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Kernel build date is different too. Mine says October 22nd

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Devices:
Current - LG Nexus 5, franco.Kernel r11, Cataclysm ROM
Current Tablet - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora II, CyanogenMod 10.1 Unofficial
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, CyanogenMod 7.2 Unofficial, spoilt battery
Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S, Stock 4.1.B.0.587, lost back cover, spoilt microUSB port
HTC HD2, NexusHD CM10.2
Apple iPad 3 - iOS 6.0 Jailbroken

Minimalistic Holo Blue Whatsapp+ Theme
Nexus One boot animation for Nexus 5
How to Change DPI?
 
Slorks
Old
#4  
Slorks's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuwait City
Quote:
Originally Posted by egofreak View Post
Interesting. DO A BACK UP and upload the rom. I wonder if there are some goodies in there?
Its horrible its laggy buggy and everything force closes i was lucky i got a screen shot in.
 
egofreak
Old
#5  
egofreak's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 99
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorks View Post
Its horrible its laggy buggy and everything force closes i was lucky i got a screen shot in.
There could still be goodies?

Still interesting. Whats the build number on that phone? Sounds like you have one that either missed getting updated before being shipped, or an old one from the back of the store room. Who knows, might have the code for "Always listening" Google now hiding under all the bugs?
Devices:
Nexus 5 16gb Black
ROM:Cataclysm+Xposed
Kernel: Franco RXX( Franco updates so often I got tired of changing the number )

Htc ThunderBolt(Retired)
ROM: Long since forgotten
Kernel: Huh? uh..forgot which one at this point.
Radio:MR3

Galaxy tab(sprint)
Rom:CM9
Kernel:CM9 standard
Radio: Radio? I use it as a wifi tab.

Router:WRT300N rev1
Firmware: DD-WRT (std)
 
Slorks
Old
#6  
Slorks's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuwait City
Quote:
Originally Posted by egofreak View Post
There could still be goodies?

Still interesting. Whats the build number on that phone? Sounds like you have one that either missed getting updated before being shipped, or an old one from the back of the store room. Who knows, might have the code for "Always listening" Google now hiding under all the bugs?
its all up there in that one screen shot i put in build number and everything.
I emailed the seller waiting to either return it or just update it myself.
 
Johmama
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 275
Posts: 492
Join Date: Apr 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Well, I came into this thread expecting completely different results.

OP, do a system dump and upload it. Maybe there are some goodies on there that we can use. It seems you've got your hands on a test/debug build of Android. Does the phone hardware look like it should? "nexus" printed on the back, area where the IMEI sticker should be, etc.?
The Following User Says Thank You to Johmama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Slorks
Old
#8  
Slorks's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 154
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kuwait City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johmama View Post
Well, I came into this thread expecting completely different results.

OP, do a system dump and upload it. Maybe there are some goodies on there that we can use. It seems you've got your hands on a test/debug build of Android. Does the phone hardware look like it should? "nexus" printed on the back, area where the IMEI sticker should be, etc.?
yup its legit sticker on the screen IMEI sticker on the back i switch it on and the boot animation was from the first build of ICS only it was cropped in the middle of the screen then to my surprise i'm running Keylime pie. Ive never done a system dump before i'm on this other thread now figuring out how to flash stock kit kat. It's frustrating. You're like "this is not what i paid for" you know?
 
Jubakuba
Old
#9  
Jubakuba's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 5032
Posts: 2,317
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pueblo, Colorado

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slorks View Post
yup its legit sticker on the screen IMEI sticker on the back i switch it on and the boot animation was from the first build of ICS only it was cropped in the middle of the screen then to my surprise i'm running Keylime pie. Ive never done a system dump before i'm on this other thread now figuring out how to flash stock kit kat. It's frustrating. You're like "this is not what i paid for" you know?
Maybe don't buy a brand-new device second-hand.
That's always a bad sign. Either the device had issues and they're too lazy to return it or it's fake...possibly they don't like it but there's probably reasoning behind that to merit immediately selling a $400 phone a week max after receiving it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jubakuba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Synyster06Gates
Old
(Last edited by Synyster06Gates; 12th November 2013 at 04:03 PM.)
#10  
Synyster06Gates's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 99
Posts: 463
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leander, Texas
That's REALLY strange. Kinda cool. I think you got a test device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
Maybe don't buy a brand-new device second-hand.
That's always a bad sign. Either the device had issues and they're too lazy to return it or it's fake...possibly they don't like it but there's probably reasoning behind that to merit immediately selling a $400 phone a week max after receiving it.
Where did you see he got it second hand?
Nexus 5 - AICP
T-Mobile GS3 T999L - Dandroid - GONE
ATT GS3 i-747 - Intergalactic 3.0 - GONE
HTC Inspire 4G - many different ROMs - GONE

Tags
nexus 5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes