Magnets in cases - official response

Search This thread

newdevo

Jul 7, 2012
[EDIT: sorry guys, this was supposed to be in the nexus 5 section, i'm not sure how i got in the general discussion section]

Hi guys, i'm wondering if anyone here asked LG support if magnets affect the phone hardware.

I contacted LG UK and LG Romania and they had different responses.
LG UK said that magnets don't affect the phone while LG RO said that they do. This is confusing. I'll definitely contact LG US and LG CA next to see their opinion but in the meantime, did anyone else ask them about this?

LG UK
11:23:28 AM [LG Mobile Phone Support] I can confirm that the magnets wont affect the hardware :)

LG Romania
11:32:06 AM [LG Romania] din pacate magnetul afecteaza hardware-ul si software-ul telefoanelor ,asa ca va sugerez sa nu folositi sau sa scoateti magnetul din husa

Last edited:

meangreenie

Mar 6, 2012
I almost returned a nexus 7 2013 because of a cheap flip case. Compass was malfunctioning with it on.

newdevo

Jul 7, 2012
LG USA

For the moment we have no heard if they do. But then again we don't make the cases so it would not be something we caused you know? Since we don't make the cases we do not know what they are made out of and we do not have a way to support them since they are not made by LG but by third party companies. I only have information to help out with the actual phone, but not the accessories.