XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Major 4.4 \ 4.4.1 \ 4.4.2 bug

Tip us?

emerica243
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Major 4.4 \ 4.4.1 \ 4.4.2 bug

So im not sure if this affects 4.4 4.4.1 4.4.2 or all of them. However i did not notice this UNTIL 4.4.2. It could of possibly been happening with 4.4 but i dont think so.

Ive had this happen twice this week, atleast that ive noticed. And the situation has been the same. I will have service, and then i will jump on wifi and end up walking into a no service area. After im done in the no service area, i will kill wifi and walk back to an area that i have coverage. The walk to and from both locations the coverage is spotty. However when i get back to the area where i have full coverage the status bar indicates i have bars, however if you look at the tiles, it shows NO SERVICE, but WITH BARS. I dont know if i actually have service or not. But either way its a graphical glitch.

t0p8uzz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243 View Post
So im not sure if this affects 4.4 4.4.1 4.4.2 or all of them. However i did not notice this UNTIL 4.4.2. It could of possibly been happening with 4.4 but i dont think so.

Ive had this happen twice this week, atleast that ive noticed. And the situation has been the same. I will have service, and then i will jump on wifi and end up walking into a no service area. After im done in the no service area, i will kill wifi and walk back to an area that i have coverage. The walk to and from both locations the coverage is spotty. However when i get back to the area where i have full coverage the status bar indicates i have bars, however if you look at the tiles, it shows NO SERVICE, but WITH BARS. I dont know if i actually have service or not. But either way its a graphical glitch.

Same since updating to 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 ... was fine for me on 4.4

emerica243
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by t0p8uzz View Post
Same since updating to 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 ... was fine for me on 4.4
Glad to know im not the only one. Question is, do we really have service when it says that, or do we actually have service. I forget to physically test it. I hope we actually still have service and just the NO SERVICE text is the glitch.

anactoraaron
Old
Thanks Meter 280
...an icon issue is a "Major bug"?

Does it cause hotboots? App crashes? Make your phone explode? It's like the title was written to get page views...
Phones:
Nexus 5 Black 32GB - Faux kernel stock OS

Tablets:
Nook HD+ 16gb - CM11 OFFICIAL (emmc version) thanks verygreen!

Are you new? Please read this : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1699450 before posting.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anactoraaron For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

emerica243
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by anactoraaron View Post
...an icon issue is a "Major bug"?

Does it cause hotboots? App crashes? Make your phone explode? It's like the title was written to get page views...
I spend my precious time trying to get page views on a internet forum? Are you kidding me?

A phone showing you that you have service when you may not isn't a major bug? Youre joking right? I guess when your car shows that your gas tank is full when its really about to hit empty isn't anything to be worried about either.
The Following User Says Thank You to emerica243 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simms22
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 18099
its not an issue, thats how its supposed to be. notice how it shows the service bars in orange? that means that no data is flowing even though theres a connection. when data starts flowing, they turn white.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7511
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
its not an issue, thats how its supposed to be. notice how it shows the service bars in orange? that means that no data is flowing even though theres a connection. when data starts flowing, they turn white.
I dont think that's the issue. Orange dictates no connection to Google services which may or not be down to the fact that there's no service.

However, regardless of this, H + bars should not co exist with "No Service" on a regular basis.

No service should mean no voice, no data, no bars

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
Sounds like the sprint data bug that's all over the forums here. Do you have sprint?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If I helped you out please click the thanks button under my name. Thanks!

Holo White Accent Theme Zip For Cataclysm
Nexus 5 Cataclysm Help thread and Mirrors

avocco
Old
(Last edited by avocco; 12th December 2013 at 10:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
I've had this problem for a while. My signal bars will show full even when I have no signal. Have to toggle airplane mode on and off to get it resolved.

I'd say it was a major bug. Thinking you have signal when you've got none is bad ESPECIALLY for a phone.

Its intermittent. Sometimes I can go days with no problems and then I'll have it three times in 1 day. Very annoying.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FuMMoD
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerica243 View Post
I spend my precious time trying to get page views on a internet forum? Are you kidding me?

A phone showing you that you have service when you may not isn't a major bug? Youre joking right? I guess when your car shows that your gas tank is full when its really about to hit empty isn't anything to be worried about either.
This issue is like the volume knob coming off your radio in the car but still being able to turn it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If I helped you out please click the thanks button under my name. Thanks!

Holo White Accent Theme Zip For Cataclysm
Nexus 5 Cataclysm Help thread and Mirrors