[MOD][ROOT] Camcorder Audio Quality Fix and Thoughts on In-Call Voice Quality

OP chdloc

20th October 2014, 02:51 AM   |  #191  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hi thanks for ur answer

Well i am using stock room kitkat 4.4.4, i installed the mod for raise up speakers volumen. I am using Poweramp to play music.

I use arome installer, and use both 6db and 12db mod and them i try play music again and i can confirm the volumen dosen't raise up like before. I rollback with an android backup i do before and the sound was normal again.

Sent from my Nexus 5
20th October 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #192  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [No_CoDE]

Hi thanks for ur answer

Well i am using stock room kitkat 4.4.4, i installed the mod for raise up speakers volumen. I am using Poweramp to play music.

I use arome installer, and use both 6db and 12db mod and them i try play music again and i can confirm the volumen dosen't raise up like before. I rollback with an android backup i do before and the sound was normal again.

Sent from my Nexus 5

To me it seems that the two mods are stepping on each other's toes. The two mods can coexist only if your volume mod (which one?)
merely changes the mixer. Post your /system/etc/mixer_paths.xml file from your "normal" installation to confirm.
20th October 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #193  

7 posts
I am trying to post the file, but from the mobile app i cant figure out how to do that. I will send later from my laptop.

Thank U

Sent from my Nexus 5
20th October 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #194  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 9

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdloc

Short answer is no, the mod should not affect playback levels.
You are right, by default, the recording levels are significantly lower with the mod installed.
I suggest you read the section on "Changing the microphone gain" in the OP.
If you want the same level as on stock you may want to set the recording level DEC6 to around 100 (instead of the default 88).
You can do this with the Aroma installer. Keep in mind, though, that the (white) microphone self-noise gets amplified as well.
That's why I released a newer mod for KitKat that allows for a moderate level of noise suppression.
This new mod will not be available on Lollipop until the relevant sources are released.

Thank you for your answer and effort. i'll try your suggestion and post the result here.
Yesterday, 05:24 AM   |  #195  

7 posts
i use aroma installer again, but this time i choose quick install, and now everything its working great. Now i will be testing video audio recording.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread