OP chdloc

Yesterday, 05:16 PM   |  #271  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 254

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13

I've tried going through Aroma, manually adding the files one by one and loading the .gz file and i end up with a boot loop every time. Restoring the stock files through Aroma doesn't fix the bootloop so I have to reflash my ROM to get out of it.

What am I doing wrong?

What ROM are you using? This mod will work only with stock for sure and maybe with other AOSP based ROMs. It will not work with CM or CM-based ROMs.

EDIT: You really do not need to reflash your ROM. All you need to do is to extract the files that are modified by this mod and flash them manually
Last edited by chdloc; Yesterday at 05:27 PM.
Yesterday, 05:29 PM   |  #272  
Thanks Meter: 47

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdloc

What ROM are you using? This mod will work only with stock for sure and maybe with other AOSP based ROMs. It will not work with CM or CM-based ROMs.

EDIT: You really do not need to reflash your ROM. All you need to do is to extract the files that are modified by this mod and flash them manually

Slim. It's not CM based. Judging by another post I saw someh were it appears that there is something missing in the mixer paths xml. Going to add the line that's missing and try it again.
Yesterday, 05:35 PM   |  #273  
OP Senior Member

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssingh

I use the Easy Voice Recorder Pro quite a bit for my stuff, and with the lollipop update, its quality has gone down a lot.

So the question is, which option in the mod should I flash to make it record better in Stereo. I listened to the demo audio that was attached, and it was impressive. I don't care as much about audio in video recording, but if that improves nonetheless, all the better.

Thanks for the help!

I'd say try all stereo options, i.e. with (6dB and 12dB) and without noise suppression, and keep the one that most closely matches your expectation of quality.
There is a tradeoff between the presence of white noise and non-linear distortion due to noise suppression in the recordings.

In Easy Voice Recorder Pro, make sure you select the "Camcorder" audio device and leave the pre-processing options (AEC and NS) at "Device Default", not "Off". Also, record at 48 kHz sampling rate.
The Following User Says Thank You to chdloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 06:37 PM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 60

311 posts
More
Quote:

I'd say try all stereo options, i.e. with (6dB and 12dB) and without noise suppression, and keep the one that most closely matches your expectation of quality.
There is a tradeoff between the presence of white noise and non-linear distortion due to noise suppression in the recordings.

In Easy Voice Recorder Pro, make sure you select the "Camcorder" audio device and leave the pre-processing options (AEC and NS) at "Device Default", not "Off". Also, record at 48 kHz sampling rate.

Thanks for the suggestions. After flashing the without - noise-suppression mod, easy voice recorder thinks the microphone is in use. I'm attaching the screen shots of the error as well as my settings for easy voice recorder.

P. S. I bought EVR from Amazon app store but the version is the same as google play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1417196205985.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	3038244   Click image for larger version

Name:	1417196213184.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	3038245   Click image for larger version

Name:	1417196219535.jpg
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	3038246   Click image for larger version

Name:	1417196224995.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	3038247  
Yesterday, 06:40 PM   |  #275  
Thanks Meter: 47

127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy13

Slim. It's not CM based. Judging by another post I saw someh were it appears that there is something missing in the mixer paths xml. Going to add the line that's missing and try it again.

Quote:

Seems I've narrowed it down to the libaudioflinger.so file that's the one causing the boot loop. I managed to push all the other files with the updated mixer paths file with no problems. Soon as I push the libaudioflinger file though, no bueno.

edit: not sure what the libaudioflinger file does, but without it everything seems to be working and the audio and video recordings especially music has gotten much better. Well better in that the underwater garble is gone. The audio level is rather low but it sounds very natural.
Last edited by Fuzzy13; Yesterday at 06:44 PM.
Yesterday, 07:05 PM   |  #276  
OP Senior Member

128 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssingh

Thanks for the suggestions. After flashing the without - noise-suppression mod, easy voice recorder thinks the microphone is in use. I'm attaching the screen shots of the error as well as my settings for easy voice recorder.

P. S. I bought EVR from Amazon app store but the version is the same as google play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Just to throw out some ideas:
  • Does the same thing happen when you select "Main Microphone" as the recording device?
  • Do you happen to have Google Now enabled on all screens?
  • You may want to take a look at logcat and kernel messages to get an idea what may be going on.
  • look at the output of
    Code:
    adb shell cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0/status
    before pressing "record" in the app. If it says anything but "closed" some other app is using the microphone.
    The output contains a variable that is associated with the process that is using the recording device (owner_pid).
    This should help you hunt down the offending app.
The Following User Says Thank You to chdloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:36 PM   |  #277  
Thanks Meter: 13

46 posts
Just to thank again @chdloc for everything that he's doing here and @spacetaxi for providing Aroma installer.
Thanks a lot

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread