Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] [ROOT] Camcorder Audio Quality Fix with Stereo Recording and Playback Support

OP chdloc

Yesterday, 11:48 AM   |  #351  
Thanks Meter: 469

194 posts
More
Arrow Completely reworked installer v3 including new features!
Hi all, I've posted a completely reworked installer including new features in post #253. Hope you like it!

PS: This installer is for Android 5.0.0 only! A new installer for Android 5.0.1 will follow soon.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spacetaxi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:04 PM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 29

854 posts
More
Hi,

I edited the mixer_paths_right.xml to enable "Stereo" on the nexus 5 by using the mixer_paths.xml made by Sasha Shafranko <- Credit to him! (source)
The result is a combination of the OP's great work on camera quality and Sasha Shafranko Stereo mode.
Don't know if it matters but I made sure I use mixer_paths_right.xml file name. So rename the file to mixer_paths_right.xml if you want to use it.

Stereo, as in front speaker and bottom speaker are playing sound when watching video, listening to music, etc. Read the source article to know what it's all about.
Tested on lollipop 5.0.1.
I'm not assuming any responsibility if you damage your device.
Always backup before messing with system files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mixer_paths_right_stereo.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.3 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by gil80; Yesterday at 01:06 PM.
Yesterday, 02:09 PM   |  #353  
Thanks Meter: 15

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gil80

Hi,

I edited the mixer_paths_right.xml to enable "Stereo" on the nexus 5 by using the mixer_paths.xml made by Sasha Shafranko <- Credit to him! (source)
The result is a combination of the OP's great work on camera quality and Sasha Shafranko Stereo mode.
Don't know if it matters but I made sure I use mixer_paths_right.xml file name. So rename the file to mixer_paths_right.xml if you want to use it.

Stereo, as in front speaker and bottom speaker are playing sound when watching video, listening to music, etc. Read the source article to know what it's all about.
Tested on lollipop 5.0.1.
I'm not assuming any responsibility if you damage your device.
Always backup before messing with system files.

What is the difference between this and Aroma installer in post #253
Yesterday, 05:39 PM   |  #354  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 311

162 posts
More
Android 5.0.1 support and stereo playback
New mod added to OP.
It now includes full support for Android 5.0.1.

It also enables true stereo playback capabilities throughout the system (where supported by the source material). Enabling the earpiece speaker for audio playback has been originally reported and implemented by @sshafranko . I modified his implementation for the Nexus 5 thereby enabling true stereo playback rather than dual-mono. I also disable the earpiece speaker when on speakerphone in a cellular call to minimize its effect on echo control. Please refer to my posts here and here for some details.
Last edited by chdloc; Yesterday at 05:49 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chdloc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:29 PM   |  #355  
Thanks Meter: 29

854 posts
More
nothing I guess. I posted this before I got the chance to see the updated OP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread