Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,638 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] GPS Quick Fix - AGPS - NTP - Global

Tip us?

alistairs1
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon12 View Post
I have the same gps issues and hope this config may help. However I have NO IDEA what I am supposed to do to flash it. I have an unrooted N5. Will I be able to flash it on there and if so could someone please explain just what I need to do as I have never done this before.

Thanks.
Per tcat007, GPS Status works just as well, you don't need root or to flash anything, just install from Play Store. I have used it on various phones including current Nexus 5 and it works great to fix and speed up GPS readings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sim.gpsstatus2
Nexus 5 Stock Root / G Watch / Nexus 7 LTE Stock

simon12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Tried that and all it did was show just how slowly the satellites were being acquired. It did nothing to actually improve anything though.

Please if someone can tell me if I can flash this without rooting and if so, how?

Kennii
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Tried that and all it did was show just how slowly the satellites were being acquired. It did nothing to actually improve anything though.

Please if someone can tell me if I can flash this without rooting and if so, how?
GPS Test worked for me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

simon12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well, my N5 is currently telling me that I am about 50 miles from where I am. And it has been doing that since last night.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

So, is it possible to flash this onto my phone without rooting it? And how please?

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 394
Quote:
Well, my N5 is currently telling me that I am about 50 miles from where I am. And it has been doing that since last night.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

So, is it possible to flash this onto my phone without rooting it? And how please?
Don't think it's possible. Pretty sure you need root to access and modify your /system settings.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G
The Following User Says Thank You to t1.8matt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]