Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[N5] Extracted image files from official Google Nexus Factory Image [21 Jun 2014]

Tip us?

loonycgb2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkxda View Post
Meanwhile, I think it was one or two weeks ago I tried, it was good and I thought now it stays good. But unfortunately you still face problems and I do this for you (and all other XDA members).

I only have a FTP account to this server, no shell access or management console. Do you have any ideas, where the best place is to store these big files without any hassles like maximum file size, availability time, download traffic or counts, waiting queues, speed limits... of course, I prefer free file hosting
I can give you a ftp account when im home to my personal website i never use.

It should be good enough for what you need. I wanted to start up a download host kinda like samfiles but actually host the files and specifically for the phones i own, but since im considered no one important i doubt people would use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to loonycgb2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benkxda
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1923

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonycgb2 View Post
I can give you a ftp account when im home to my personal website i never use.

It should be good enough for what you need. I wanted to start up a download host kinda like samfiles but actually host the files and specifically for the phones i own, but since im considered no one important i doubt people would use it.
Perfect. How much space could I get, is there a traffic limit... something I have to keep in mind?
And can I use it for the extracted image files for the Galaxy Nexus as well?
Please avoid sending me PM with technical questions, place a post in the proper thread instead.

We want HTTPS on XDA!

[ Device Indexes ] - LG G3 | Fairphone 1 | Google Nexus 5 | Google Chromecast | Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
[ General Threads ] - Galaxy Nexus - Extracted Image Files | Nexus 5 - Extracted Image Files | Fairphone | App Translators | App Tester

Profile Extension

loonycgb2
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkxda View Post
Perfect. How much space could I get, is there a traffic limit... something I have to keep in mind?
And can I use it for the extracted image files for the Galaxy Nexus as well?
Its suppose to be unlimited data and bandwith but obiously thats a marketing scheme so really till the web host complains. Its all legal so shouldnt be an issue.

Also id put no limit on you and you can use it for anything legal even private web pages for all i care.. Id give you a private sub-domain like whatever.mydomain.com
Tags
extracted, files, firmware, google, nexus 5