FORUMS

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

[N5] Extracted image files from official Google Nexus Factory Image [27 Mar 2015]

1,027 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,663

By benkxda, Recognized Contributor on 28th April 2014, 04:43 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
2nd July 2014, 05:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkxda

Meanwhile, I think it was one or two weeks ago I tried, it was good and I thought now it stays good. But unfortunately you still face problems and I do this for you (and all other XDA members).

I only have a FTP account to this server, no shell access or management console. Do you have any ideas, where the best place is to store these big files without any hassles like maximum file size, availability time, download traffic or counts, waiting queues, speed limits... of course, I prefer free file hosting

I can give you a ftp account when im home to my personal website i never use.

It should be good enough for what you need. I wanted to start up a download host kinda like samfiles but actually host the files and specifically for the phones i own, but since im considered no one important i doubt people would use it.
The Following User Says Thank You to loonycgb2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

2nd July 2014, 06:17 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,663

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loonycgb2

I can give you a ftp account when im home to my personal website i never use.

It should be good enough for what you need. I wanted to start up a download host kinda like samfiles but actually host the files and specifically for the phones i own, but since im considered no one important i doubt people would use it.

Perfect. How much space could I get, is there a traffic limit... something I have to keep in mind?
And can I use it for the extracted image files for the Galaxy Nexus as well?
2nd July 2014, 09:44 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benkxda

Perfect. How much space could I get, is there a traffic limit... something I have to keep in mind?
And can I use it for the extracted image files for the Galaxy Nexus as well?

Its suppose to be unlimited data and bandwith but obiously thats a marketing scheme so really till the web host complains. Its all legal so shouldnt be an issue.

Also id put no limit on you and you can use it for anything legal even private web pages for all i care.. Id give you a private sub-domain like whatever.mydomain.com
28th April 2015, 04:55 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thumbs up
I had one general query. WE have to just flash this factory image through any recovery for example thru TWRP... N do we have to flash stock kernel for this also.. Please guide me through this. I have flashed custom ROMS just want to know is the procedure same or something different..
29th April 2015, 03:20 PM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,191

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz211

I had one general query. WE have to just flash this factory image through any recovery for example thru TWRP... N do we have to flash stock kernel for this also.. Please guide me through this. I have flashed custom ROMS just want to know is the procedure same or something different..

You can flash what you want using fastboot. It's the same as the original factory imgs but you do not need to download the full compressed file.
The Following User Says Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
extracted, files, firmware, google, nexus 5
Previous Thread Next Thread