Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Does your back panel "creak" when pressure is applied?
Yes 30 35.29%
No 55 64.71%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

N5 owners: Creak?

OP danv28

13th November 2013, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

145 posts
More
I got my Nexus 5 last Thursday, thought it was perfect, and have lately been hearing a creaking sound coming from the back cover.

I notice the sound in a quiet environment such as my room, and it's when you apply pressure to the back of the phone where the panel dips to meet with the sides. Press along there, and post in the poll, or reply to this thread, if your device has a creaking sound. I'm trying to find out if all Nexus 5's are like this, or if I should exchange it. Press along the ridge where the back panel dips down.

Thanks.
13th November 2013, 07:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Westminster
Thanks Meter: 320

1,271 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danv28

I got my Nexus 5 last Thursday, thought it was perfect, and have lately been hearing a creaking sound coming from the back cover.

I notice the sound in a quiet environment such as my room, and it's when you apply pressure to the back of the phone where the panel dips to meet with the sides. Press along there, and post in the poll, or reply to this thread, if your device has a creaking sound. I'm trying to find out if all Nexus 5's are like this, or if I should exchange it. Press along the ridge where the back panel dips down.

Thanks.

Think your back cover is warped or not pressed in all the way. Mine doesn't do that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
13th November 2013, 07:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Badalona
Thanks Meter: 550

1,641 posts
More
Just tested, no cracking at all. Just the usual jinggle when tapping on the top part of screen due to power button, which actually annoys me close to null :P
13th November 2013, 08:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 93

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danv28

Thanks.

Oh, come on! Are all of you guys desperately searching for flaws? Stop blocking RMA units with this BS. There are people with really defective phones who need those.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TobiS87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #5  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 243

1,470 posts
More
Creaky back plate near camera here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
19th January 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #6  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 314

2,016 posts
More
No creaking on my 32gb Black Nexus 5 but I agree with TobiS87. Stop searching for these flaws. There really are people who have defective units that may genuinely need a new device.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OuncE718 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 12:26 PM   |  #7  
Flag Selangor
Thanks Meter: 157

961 posts
More
Just enjoy your phone.. Stop looking so hard into defective..

Sent from my Nexus 5 via XDA Premium HD
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to farsight73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th January 2014, 12:30 PM   |  #8  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,457

24,549 posts
More
Mine doesn't creak. It makes a crinkle noise when I push my thumb in the centre of the screen and my fingers are on teh nexus carved out of teh back, but so what? Thinks creak. Things bend. Things rattle.
19th January 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #9  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 57

389 posts
More
Opposite side of the camera, to the left, creaks.
19th January 2014, 01:05 PM   |  #10  
Flag Chanteloup-les-vignes
Thanks Meter: 9

49 posts
More
I have a white N5, no creaks (or I don't press correctly, but I tried several times)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread