Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 - 17 hours talk time!

Tip us?
 
Globespy
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 371
Posts: 1,929
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Spaceship Earth
Default Nexus 5 - 17 hours talk time!

I read a recent article that made claims that our beloved N5's should be able to allow us to chit chat for yogi up to 17 hours!
Anyone ever got over 5-6?
Where do they get these specs? Is there an updated uranium battery i'm not aware of?
http://culturemob.com/nexus-5-nexus-...ecs-comparison
If my answer/idea was useful please hit the 'Thanks' button!
 
simms22
Old
#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 21,469
Posts: 25,854
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globespy View Post
I read a recent article that made claims that our beloved N5's should be able to allow us to chit chat for yogi up to 17 hours!
Anyone ever got over 5-6?
Where do they get these specs? Is there an updated uranium battery i'm not aware of?
http://culturemob.com/nexus-5-nexus-...ecs-comparison
1. its probably supposed to say 7h
2. the nexus 7 doesnt have "talk time" as its a tablet that diesnt come with a dialer.
3. i wouldnt believe anything that culturemob.com writes.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
FuMMoD
Old
(Last edited by FuMMoD; 24th March 2014 at 03:05 PM.)
#3  
FuMMoD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Posts: 4,516
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
Nexus 7 talk time is hilarious 😂 😂. The actual specs are in the google play store and it does list 17 hours of talk time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Vekhez
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 379
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Who Cares?
I've hit 7 and then my phone died. But it was literally a 7h phonecall.
Moto X | Nexus 5 | Nexus 7 | Galaxy Note 10.1 | HTC HD2 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire S | iPod touch 5G
 
TheAtheistOtaku
Old
#5  
TheAtheistOtaku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 294
Posts: 1,171
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekhez View Post
I've hit 7 and then my phone died. But it was literally a 7h phonecall.
calling time warner customer service are we? XD
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAtheistOtaku For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bblzd
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 296
Posts: 1,323
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Anandtech pegged it at 13.7 hours talk time. The official technical specifications list 17 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
 
KJ
Old
#7  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,614
Posts: 8,644
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
No phone usually lives up to its "specced" battery times. Usually.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
FuMMoD
Old
#8  
FuMMoD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,223
Posts: 4,516
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
It does have the official specs at 17 hours talk time. I don't know how that's possible though.
https://play.google.com/store/device...s_5_black_32gb


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
KJ
Old
#9  
KJ's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,614
Posts: 8,644
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The boonies - southwest Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuMMoD View Post
It does have the official specs at 17 hours talk time. I don't know how that's possible though.
https://play.google.com/store/device...s_5_black_32gb


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
It isn't. Lol

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Just like when phones claim 300 hours standby. LOL. Try just over 100 usually at best.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

 
Zepius
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,080
Posts: 2,849
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj2112 View Post
It isn't. Lol

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Just like when phones claim 300 hours standby. LOL. Try just over 100 usually at best.

Sent from my N5, N7, Moto X, G Tab 3 or S2.....
its possible. you just have to turn literally everything else off and only use talk and be in perfect signal.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes