Nexus 5 on AIO wireless thread

Search This thread

kgeissler

Dec 21, 2006
Rowlett, TX
Quick question about LTE coverage. Am I correct in assuming that if I look at AT&T's coverage map and see LTE coverage , I will also have LTE coverage (albeit slower) on Cricket? Or is Cricket's LTE coverage less than that of AT&T?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
Quick question about LTE coverage. Am I correct in assuming that if I look at AT&T's coverage map and see LTE coverage , I will also have LTE coverage (albeit slower) on Cricket? Or is Cricket's LTE coverage less than that of AT&T?

It is the same. The only difference with prepaid is that you don't have roaming. But you have full access to AT&T's network (except throttling your LTE/HSPA speeds).

Reactions: kgeissler

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
Google Pixel 8
thinking about switching my gf from T-Mobile. its great here (and weve got wideband lte now) but not so much at her moms place, where the cricket maps appear to blanket the area. i was thinking of setting up the $25 talk plan on my n4 to try it out. if I don't renew after the month and let the number die will I be able to reuse the sim and port her over, or will I have to buy a new sim kit?

imablackhat

Sep 15, 2005
www.zevink.com
I've had cricket for some months now and personally no issues. Came over from straight talk. I like the referral program. Already referred 5. If you need one pm me
Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Newer APN settings.

Just FYI, here are some new APN settings. I've confirmed them as working on my phone (including MMS!).

Name: ATT Phone
APN: phone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User name: Not set
Password : Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 150
Authentication type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Oh, got them from Howardforums.

kellybrf

Nov 16, 2007
Google Pixel 8
thinking about switching my gf from T-Mobile. its great here (and weve got wideband lte now) but not so much at her moms place, where the cricket maps appear to blanket the area. i was thinking of setting up the $25 talk plan on my n4 to try it out. if I don't renew after the month and let the number die will I be able to reuse the sim and port her over, or will I have to buy a new sim kit?

anyone?

Johmama

Apr 2, 2013

I didn't respond earlier because I don't know how much help I can be.

I asked earlier about just switching numbers and I'm pretty sure you can't unless you buy a new SIM. That said, if you actually let the number and account expire, you might be able to. I can't find any option on their site to bring your own (expired) SIM, however. Going through the process of setting up a new account always seems to require me to buy their SIM card. If I HAD to come up with an answer for you, I'd say buying a new SIM kit would be required. Don't take my word as fact, though. Try using their help chat and asking a representative.

Reactions: kellybrf

yazyazoo

Oct 24, 2009
I am on AIO. Do I need to root the phone to get wifi tether working on the Nex 5? I saw on earlier posts that stock tether works. Does anyone have a guide on how to set it up and make it harder for AIO to detect that you are tethering?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, it looks like the merger/changeover is complete, I have cricket showing up in my notification shade. A few things I have noticed though are a little faster speeds, I have never been fully able to hit 8Mbps on the "old" Aio but now it seems throughput is a bit faster, but not by much. I was always stuck getting 5.5~6Mbps. Not too shabby. YMMV! (Your mileage may vary).

Also, I tried to get in touch with Cricket tech support as to whether or not we still use the Aio APN or switch to the Cricket APN but the chat support feature is down till about Noon EST, but the Aio APN is working just fine so I see no reason changing it for now.

Edit: Spoke with customer support and they recommend I continue to use the Aio APN. If there is a change, I will be notified when/if to switch to the Cricket APN.
    Figured I'd start a thread for us aio wireless users to discuss the likes/dislikes. Is anybody else on aio?

Overall I'm satisfied with the service, just wish I got LTE at my house. The capped data speeds are more than acceptable, does all I need it to do.

AIO wireless website

Sent from my AMAZING nexus 5 that dicecuber/trolls like to hate on.

Love the icon, Geaux Tigers!

I don't understand the benefit of AIO over AT&T GoPhone. The $60 GoPhone plan has the same 2gb of data but no limits on LTE. And you can get refills for about $55 on CallingMart.
    A couple questions for those using AIO:

1. Does conditional call forwarding work? This is used to (for example) forward calls to Google Voice so that you don't have to use the carrier voice mail.
    2. Does native tethering work (without silly workarounds)?

Thanks...

Yes to both.
    Just enable tethering through the built-in Android interface. They appear to have zero issues with it and no caps I have noticed other than your normal data cap.
    Tethering on Cricket violates the TOS. I'll post the link tonight if nobody beats me to it.

That said, it does sound like they currently don't enforce it, yet.

Edit: it is hard to find because they used to include tethering on some older CDMA Cricket plans, but I am fairly certain those no longer apply to the new AT&T GSM Cricket.