Nexus 5 Audio Quality Tested by Anandtech

Tip us?

big_adventure
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by drms12 View Post
About sound quality and music,
Did any of you got DSP tunneling to work?
For me battery drained as usual, 3.5%-5/ while screen off and phone awake all time, mediaserver wakelock. Means no deep sleep while music playing and screen off.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Running Spotify or Doggcatcher with screen off shows me 300mhz constant use. No deep sleep. With 3G, no wifi, all sync on, etc., it doesn't use more than 5-6% per hour, though, so it's not a big deal to me.
N5

server3249
Old
Thanks Meter 12
How and when are these jokers gonna fix this problem now?? Is it even possible to fix it through software? Did no one do any testing before releasing this piece of crap?

Viventis
Old
(Last edited by Viventis; 14th December 2013 at 02:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Try Noozoide Eizo-Rewire Pro

At the suggestion of another, I tried the free Eizo app listed above. It has many sound processor settings that you can apply separately to Line Out, Internal Speaker or Bluetooth. I love it. It also eliminates any distortion at high volumes with the proper settings. My settings for line out:
Deliver balanced, natural sound (processor enabled).
Digital Presets (audiophile)
Volume Enhancer Engine (checked...effect strength "strong")
Increase monitor size (checked only when plugged into powered speakers)
Create VSUR (virtual surround) (checked...effect.."studio II")

thegr8anand
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by server3249 View Post
How and when are these jokers gonna fix this problem now?? Is it even possible to fix it through software? Did no one do any testing before releasing this piece of crap?
I think its a hardware issue. G2 has the similar issue like the article says. They can mask it like the G2 but it will be there i think.

But this issue is only when using the top 3 volume levels. I think the one notch below these provides great volume and the phone performs great then.
N5, N7 Flo, i9100

server3249
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is there any fix for the issues reported by Anandtech yet, or any reply from Google / LG?