5,598,086 Members 42,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 - Best Buy Price Match - Share your story!

Tip us?

FernandoRocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Post Nexus 5 - Best Buy Price Match - Share your story!

New Nexus 5 owner here. I was a Nexus 4 owner until yesterday. I sold the N4 (8GB) to my co-worker for $200.

Well... I went yesterday to my local Best Buy (Laredo, TX) and went to the Mobile section and this (pretty) lady was at the desk. I told her that I wanted to get a Nexus 5 without a contract, cash. She took the keys and opened a drawer behind her and took the N5. I asked her for the price and she told me it was $450. So, I opened the browser on my phone and searched the N5 on the Google Play Store and told her that Google was selling the phone for $350 and if it would be possible for them to price match the phone. She told me that it was possible. She took my N4 and verified the information. She called the manager (a rocker-tattooed kinda guy) and he authorized the price match. They have to put the store to be matched as Other.

Success!

My recommendations. Be polite. Just act casual and don't be nervous.

Share your stories!
The Following User Says Thank You to FernandoRocker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

svengalis
Old
Thanks Meter 21
best buy is the only retailer i know that matches the online price of any product. i didnt know the nexus 5 was sold in stores.

FernandoRocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
best buy is the only retailer i know that matches the online price of any product. i didnt know the nexus 5 was sold in stores.
Yes, they do match prices of other online stores, but the list of the stores they match is limited. The Google Play Store is not included, so, this is why the price match of the Nexus 5 is YMMV.

From Best Buy:

"Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.comŽ. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-...at297300050000

cas8180
Old
Thanks Meter 366
Tried this at 3 different stores in the Vegas area. No success

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

FernandoRocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post

D:

Try to flirt or something with the BB employee. I think I did that inadvertently.

radeon962
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Worked for me in Madison Heights, MI Best Buy. Picked up a 16GB Black and sold my 32GB black I had purchased from the PlayStore. I did not need the extra space as I still have 10gb free on my 16gb.

Comes with a Sprint SIM in the phone but no SIM tool, so just used a pin, popped it open and put my AT&T SIM in and have been using it since.

$370.99 out the door after MI 6% tax.

FernandoRocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by radeon962 View Post
Worked for me in Madison Heights, MI Best Buy. Picked up a 16GB Black and sold my 32GB black I had purchased from the PlayStore. I did not need the extra space as I still have 10gb free on my 16gb.

Comes with a Sprint SIM in the phone but no SIM tool, so just used a pin, popped it open and put my AT&T SIM in and have been using it since.

$370.99 out the door after MI 6% tax.
Nice.

When did you get it? I got it yesterday at 7:00 p.m. approximately.

FernandoRocker
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
If you can price match the phone at Best Buy, it is a way better deal than getting it from the Play Store. You don't have to pay shipping and you don't have to wait!

radeon962
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Back on November 20th, I believe (receipt is at home) . I had to stay late for an evening meeting and stopped by BB after reading some posts about people PM to BB on another forum. Took all of 3 minutes or so. Manager came over to authorize the $100 price match to online price with no questions.

BCSC
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas8180 View Post

Its always a gamble......HaHa, see what I did there?
Flashing ROMs - 60% of the time, it works every time!

/_-------------------------There it is. Go on and click it.

Tags
best buy, nexus, price