Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 43,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 high/crazy/abnormal clock speeds

Tip us?
 
driftshadows
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Angry Nexus 5 high/crazy/abnormal clock speeds

I'm curious to see what kind of speeds you guys are running you snapdragon 800 with voltage myself i managed to get to 2880 ghz running stock voltages and my cpu bin is PVS 0 has anyone managed to get to 3.0 GHZ or maybe even further post your speeds and voltage below
 
simms22
Old
#2  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Posts: 24,982
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
voltages are default trinity kernel, pvs 3, speed is obvious..




Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
aooga
Old
#3  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 836
Posts: 2,868
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
voltages are default trinity kernel, pvs 3, speed is obvious..
How's battery? 1 hr screen time?
 
simms22
Old
#4  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Posts: 24,982
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
How's battery? 1 hr screen time?
lol, at that cpu speed, you are not allowed consider battery life! but i do use 2880/300 occasionally for a daily. ill see 4-4.5h sot normally with 2880/300. you have to remember, it doesnt stay at 2880mhz, itll only go there if it needs to.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
driftshadows
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pittsburgh
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
lol, at that cpu speed, you are not allowed consider battery life! but i do use 2880/300 occasionally for a daily. ill see 4-4.5h sot normally with 2880/300. you have to remember, it doesnt stay at 2880mhz, itll only go there if it needs to.
really? i dont see that much sot on stock speed i only get about 3.5hr sot max and thats with light usage
 
bblzd
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 258
Posts: 1,200
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftshadows View Post
really? i dont see that much sot on stock speed i only get about 3.5hr sot max and thats with light usage
I regularly see 5-6 hours SoT on everything stock. Check the battery results thread as many are getting 7-8 with under clocking.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
W32
 
simms22
Old
#7  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Posts: 24,982
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftshadows View Post
really? i dont see that much sot on stock speed i only get about 3.5hr sot max and thats with light usage
at stock speeds i usually see between 5 and 6 hours sot with heavy usage, on lte 100% of the time(no wifi). ill normally kill my battery in 7-12 hours, but that because im always using the phone. i dont let it lay around sleeping for hours.
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
aooga
Old
#8  
aooga's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 836
Posts: 2,868
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
you have to remember, it doesnt stay at 2880mhz, itll only go there if it needs to.
Yeah, I was talking about your screenshot where it said both the min/max were 3000. You get pretty good battery out of this phone with 2880. I get about 3 hours on 1700, but thats for a different thread.
 
simms22
Old
#9  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 20736
Posts: 24,982
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BROOKLYN!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Yeah, I was talking about your screenshot where it said both the min/max were 3000. You get pretty good battery out of this phone with 2880. I get about 3 hours on 1700, but thats for a different thread.
i put it to 3014/3014 to makes sure and to show that it was actually running at 3014mhz. id be affraid to guess the battery life
Google+ Profile
Twitter Simms22
DerKernel For Trinity kernels and more!
 
Gormsen
Old
#10  
Gormsen's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 238
Posts: 427
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Aarhus
Quote:
Originally Posted by simms22 View Post
i put it to 3014/3014 to makes sure and to show that it was actually running at 3014mhz. id be affraid to guess the battery life
What voltages do you run 3014 MHz at? You said stock voltages, but could you look those up for me? I've been able to run Franco at 2880, but at 3014 I get reboots

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes