Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 durability report (After one month on)

Tip us?

kensim781
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
lol... do you put your N5 in a condom hehehehe

Sent from my Hammerhead ! Build KOT49H.

wideasleep1
Old
Thanks Meter 387
Dropped dozens of times with Diz case...only I know, looks perfect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
B/W Sidekick/Color Sidekick2/TMO MDA/TMO Dash/G1/Nexus 1/Sensation/SGS3/Nexus 4/Nexus 5

cbutt
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by wideasleep1 View Post
Dropped dozens of times with Diz case...only I know, looks perfect.

Exactly this.

markdapimp
Old
Thanks Meter 322
I also have 2 really faint scratches. Only can see it in extremely bright sunlight.
I had my s3 with gorilla glass2 I has no scratches at all with no screen protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devices: Nexus 5 (Sold) 1X
Nexus 5
HTC One

speedyink
Old
Thanks Meter 362
I've had mine for about two months, naked. A couple very fine scratches on the screen (nothing noticeable unless you're really looking). The case would have been perfect if I didn't drop it onto a paving stone sidewalk (waist height). So there's a small blemish on the top corner by the headphone jack. Otherwise, she's clean.

system60
Old
Thanks Meter 3
One small crack in the upper left corner, and one larger crack at the lower left corner. Phone has been in a ringke fusion and I honestly don't know how the cracks happened, phone was fine last time I looked at it and the next I pull it out of my pocket and had the two cracks (thought they were hairs caught in the case as first.) Never cracked or scratched the screens of any of my previous phones (Evo, Nexus S, GNex). Fortunately the cracks don't cross the screen so I'll deal with it till the price on replacement screens come down, just a shame since I had been thinking of selling it to get the Moto X.

kensim781
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by system60 View Post
One small crack in the upper left corner, and one larger crack at the lower left corner. Phone has been in a ringke fusion and I honestly don't know how the cracks happened, phone was fine last time I looked at it and the next I pull it out of my pocket and had the two cracks (thought they were hairs caught in the case as first.) Never cracked or scratched the screens of any of my previous phones (Evo, Nexus S, GNex). Fortunately the cracks don't cross the screen so I'll deal with it till the price on replacement screens come down, just a shame since I had been thinking of selling it to get the Moto X.
Yeah seems like gorilla glass 3 is less durable...

Sent from my Hammerhead ! Build KOT49H.