Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 44,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 + Durovis Dive = Oculus Rift

Tip us?

Wraithxt1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by szympekmajster View Post
That's weird. I have done reversed tethering via USB on my phone Huawei Ascend P7 - everything works fine - YouTube is loading movies fast as never, browsers works perfectly too. Just that splashtop...

I have some problems with it. My computer is visible, when i click for connect option - everything works fine with connection but i have black screen (there is no game turned on, just my desktop) and after few seconds connection breaks. Anyone have that problem?

I have PC with AMD card so there is no option to use that limelight.
I've had the same issue with a few different streamers. I got warthunder to work for a bit with Splashtop THD, but it was quite laggy tethering over USB. After a few minutes it would disconnect and force me to remove the phone to reconnect. Same with Kainy and TwoMon.

this is using Tridef3d with the windowed mode DLL's to allow streaming.

szympekmajster
Old
(Last edited by szympekmajster; 2nd September 2014 at 11:41 PM.) Reason: lol math error in ma brain
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Uhm. Hard to make it run good.

It seems to be kind of lottery. After 2-3 hours of sitting over it i discovered some small problems with android reverse tethering. Works perfectly now but Splashtop works randomly. For now, it runs good at 10-15 try. I just must to click as long as will it work.

EDIT:

After reinstall and download fresh copy of Android Reverse Tethering, install other version of connectivity hack - everything goes fine. Starts in first try always.

Anyway, there is some other problem. I have pretty big latency. I took photo of some timer found over the web, time on browser - 50.059s, time on my phone - 49.931s so i have 130ms of lag... Is there any option to make it better?

THD - same result. Circa 125-130ms of difference between PC and Huawei

At least FPS is pretty nice
Tags
goggle, hmd, mobile, oculus, virtual