Different nexus 5 hardware

Tip us?

jtwlbz
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wergin View Post
small Hole problem during recording....
That's what she said. Lol jk. I don't think it matters its software.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jshahanii
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I spoke to a Google rep on the phone today after receiving my Nexus 5 earlier today. I could care less about the speaker holes. However, the volume rocker is so bad that it rattles while I'm typing. Its rattling right now as I type this. Anyway, she confirmed that LG has updated the hardware. She went on to say that Google doesn't see the previous hardware as an issue warranting an exchange. She mentioned I could return this one and order a new one due to still being within 15 days. She states there would be no way to determine which device I would get, as the inventory still contains the phones with original hardware. She advised LG made the changes and they were not at the request of Google. I'm a little frustrated...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshahanii View Post
I spoke to a Google rep on the phone today after receiving my Nexus 5 earlier today. I could care less about the speaker holes. However, the volume rocker is so bad that it rattles while I'm typing. Its rattling right now as I type this. Anyway, she confirmed that LG has updated the hardware. She went on to say that Google doesn't see the previous hardware as an issue warranting an exchange. She mentioned I could return this one and order a new one due to still being within 15 days. She states there would be no way to determine which device I would get, as the inventory still contains the phones with original hardware. She advised LG made the changes and they were not at the request of Google. I'm a little frustrated...

Sorry to hear about you problem. Not to detract from that.....

I'm glad they managed to go back in time and fit "new hardware" to my October Nexus that hasn't ever rattled from the buttons.

-----------------------
Sent via tapatalk.

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM. Please keep support queries to the Q&A section, so that others may benefit
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

bblzd
Old
(Last edited by bblzd; 22nd January 2014 at 11:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshahanii View Post

If that is true then the hardware revision hasn't reached anyone's hands yet as reported on these forums. Wouldn't be the first time a low level phone rep wasn't in the loop and saying LG did it and they know nothing about it isn't very convincing either.

Also it might be in Google's best interest to have people believe revisions have been made so take that with a grain of salt. I imagine it's easier for them to go along with all these stories of updates then to inform people it's more or less a lottery.
W32

Vanhoud
Old
Thanks Meter 138
So has anyone actually corrected thier yellow tinted screens via custom kernel? That's the only thing I am hating on my 311k

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 7520
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblzd View Post
If that is true then the hardware revision hasn't reached anyone's hands yet as reported on these forums. Wouldn't be the first time a low level phone rep wasn't in the loop and saying LG did it and they know nothing about it isn't very convincing either.

Also it might be in Google's best interest to have people believe revisions have been made so take that with a grain of salt. I imagine it's easier for them to go along with all these stories of updates then to inform people it's more or less a lottery.
Yeah I agree.

All the evidence suggests the opposite. There were buttons not rattling in the first devices to roll off the line. Then some did rattle then some not, then some did. if they have changed the hardware, it has not hit the shelves yet, ...and since the issue is intermittent between devices, I would suggest that it wouldn't be a change of actual hardware that is needed, rather a machine needs calibrating on one of the lines to "more glue here" or "mould that piece more accurately"

Many "support staff" actually end up believing the rumours on the internet too.
Always read the OP's of a thread and the last 2 pages before asking questions, unless there has been an update - in which case, read the last 5 pages!

nexus 5 | SlimKat | ElementalX kernel | Philz Touch Recovery

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

The-Hulk
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1618

DONATE TO ME
Thread Closed, please refere to this thread - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2597276 - for any furthur discussion on this topic.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to The-Hulk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe