Votes: 60 7.4%
  • May be

Votes: 112 13.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

narayanand

Mar 8, 2007
Dear all,

I am aware of the two model D820 and D821 and the bands that they support and also I am aware of LTE bands that Airtel operates in India. I get a mixed response so far as other cities.

So far I haven't got any response from Chennai users. Can anyone confirm whether their Nexus (D820 or D821) is working with Airtel LTE/4G in Chennai?

Thanks,
Narayanan

At last with enough courage I updated my Nexus 5 D820 (USA model) to work with Airtel in Chennai on LTE mode. Enabling band 3 did the trick. All the praise goes to the contributor of this thread.

vinodrathod

Nov 5, 2015
my rooted nexus 5 lollipop is not switching on

it was marshmallow on my nexus 5 . then i downgraded it to lollipop . it worked for a day . and i kept my phone charge while i sleeping , next day morning i was shocked that i didn't ring for alarm and it not switching on . initially i thought that it's just a software problem , i thought i could flash again it . but unfortunately i couldn't flash any files on it . every one is saying your mother board is stopped working . i don't know what to do . please help me guys

uttam.ace

Aug 14, 2012
RANCHI
Pl. suggest some nice back cover for my N5, currently using SPIGEN back cover since one year, it is very good. want some change now.

IllusionedDreamer

Jan 2, 2014
Does anyone know a place where I can get a cracked screen repaired for Nexus 5 at a cheaper cost? (In Mumbai)
The LCD is functioning perfectly well.

starkly_raving

May 25, 2012
Vegas
Hello Guys, How you doing?
Well i am experiencing weird problem with my nexus 5 since last few weeks,the problem is i don't get signals in my phone in 90% of the locations but get them here and there somtimes for a few minutes, when i tried to use that sim in my friend's phone, i am getting 100% signal in my room where i never got a single bar with my nexus 5.

I got my Phone from UK 2 years back and flashed it 100's of time but currently running stock and bootloader is locked too, I am not sure what to flash ( rom/radio) to fix this signal issue, is there are any india specfiic rom or something i can try ? i can run lollipop or even kitkat not a problem, just need to fix this signal issues.

Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks a lot
I'd just fastboot the entire (newest) factory image. Then maybe call your provider and make sure you're provisioned sku'd correctly.

kaushikd

Apr 26, 2012
Bangalore
Airtel has FDD-LTE in most parts of Delhi NCR. It works on my D820 (indian N5).
Speeds are better than Vodafone 4G.
Get a 4G sim from any of the airtel stores and try it out.

I guess D820 is the North America model and D821 is the model for rest of the world. I was having D820 and I did the modification to support Vodafone 4G in Bengaluru.

Tagtag123

Sep 26, 2010
I guess D820 is the North America model and D821 is the model for rest of the world. I was having D820 and I did the modification to support Vodafone 4G in Bengaluru.

Oh yes, my bad.
Indian version is the D821 which supports band 3 so it works with Vodafone 4G and airtel 4G(Delhi-NCR)

The North American version D820 like you mentioned can be made to work with band 3 which makes it work with Vodafone 4G.

Last edited:

lpganesh

Jul 3, 2010
Hello Guys, How you doing?
Well i am experiencing weird problem with my nexus 5 since last few weeks,the problem is i don't get signals in my phone in 90% of the locations but get them here and there somtimes for a few minutes, when i tried to use that sim in my friend's phone, i am getting 100% signal in my room where i never got a single bar with my nexus 5.

I got my Phone from UK 2 years back and flashed it 100's of time but currently running stock and bootloader is locked too, I am not sure what to flash ( rom/radio) to fix this signal issue, is there are any india specfiic rom or something i can try ? i can run lollipop or even kitkat not a problem, just need to fix this signal issues.

Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks a lot
I am also facing this problem after 6.0.1 update.
Did u find any solution?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

rootSU

Apr 17, 2014
Google
So my camera's autofocus seems to have gone kaput. Followed this thread: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/SW_adU_hM9o
Haven't tried clean flashing rom again, as neither other camera apps are able to focus, nor another rom in multirom, so most probably hardware has gone faulty. Tapping the screen or any other part of the phone doesn't work.
Any place in india where i can get replacement module, i have seen on some websites to be going for 12-13$, where as i enquired at a nearest LG service center, they are quoting 3-3.5k for the camera module. That's a bit steep. Please help.

Tagtag123

Sep 26, 2010
So my camera's autofocus seems to have gone kaput. Followed this thread: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/nexus/SW_adU_hM9o
Haven't tried clean flashing rom again, as neither other camera apps are able to focus, nor another rom in multirom, so most probably hardware has gone faulty. Tapping the screen or any other part of the phone doesn't work.
Any place in india where i can get replacement module, i have seen on some websites to be going for 12-13$, where as i enquired at a nearest LG service center, they are quoting 3-3.5k for the camera module. That's a bit steep. Please help.

OK madarchod ??
So, it has happened to a friend of mine too. In his case the camera had been so damaged that the thing constantly spit out pink bands and major artifacts and more than half of the time it gave the error cannot connect to camera.

He got another camera module from USA for 1300 INR and replaced it himself and now it works like a charm.

Link(seller: BLR, IND)
https://m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=291679313997
Price: 1350inr

Opening the Nexus 5 and replacing is easy no fancy tools needed, you just need to be slow and careful. A screw driver set available for 140ish INR will do the job and beyond. Numerous video guides on YouTube will help you sail through the procedure.

All the best. :good:

Last edited:

rootSU

Apr 17, 2014
Google
OK madarchod ����
So, it has happened to a friend of mine too. In his case the camera had been so damaged that the thing constantly spit out pink bands and major artifacts and more than half of the time it gave the error cannot connect to camera.

He got another camera module from USA for 1300 INR and replaced it himself and now it works like a charm.

Link(seller: BLR, IND)
https://m.ebay.in/itm?itemId=291679313997
Price: 1350inr

Opening the Nexus 5 and replacing is easy no fancy tools needed, you just need to be slow and careful. A screw driver set available for 140ish INR will do the job and beyond. Numerous video guides on YouTube will help you sail through the procedure.

All the best. :good:

thanks bro, yeah i have the necessary tools, will order that camera module, hopefully it'll solve the problem. :D

Tagtag123

Sep 26, 2010
thanks bro, yeah i have the necessary tools, will order that camera module, hopefully it'll solve the problem. :D

Glad to help, it should work.
What my friend did was that he took his phone to the LG SVC where the engineer replaced the module and showed that the problem was rectified. Then he just left saying that it's too expensive and that he would come some other time. No money paid :silly:

Then he ordered and replaced it himself.

rootSU

Apr 17, 2014
Google
Glad to help, it should work.
What my friend did was that he took his phone to the LG SVC where the engineer replaced the module and showed that the problem was rectified. Then he just left saying that it's too expensive and that he would come some other time. No money paid :silly:

Then he ordered and replaced it himself.
Lol, epic way to find the solution. [emoji23]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

Welcome to this official Indian Nexus 5 discussion thread.. :)

Google Play India => Click Here

Price :
    32GB - Rs. 32990/-
    16GB - Rs. 28990/-

Colors Available : Black & White.

Wireless Charger Now Available => Play Store

Warranty :

it's only available to devices purchased in India through play store or flipkart for now. it will surly go retail in local shops soon like nexus 4 did.
    There is no international warranty. If you import the device from us play store or other country you will not get warranty in India.

Requesting all to keep this thread clean with only N5 related stuff & news. No OT discussion please. :) .​

Nexus-5-840x420.png

Technical Specs
    :

Android OS, v4.4 (KitKat)
    True HD IPS Plus
    1080 x 1920 pixels, 5.0 inches (~445 ppi pixel density)
    16/32 GB storage, 2 GB RAM
    8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels - 1080p@30fps
    Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 - Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
    Adreno 330
    Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery​

LG Nexus 5 review
    Gsmarena
    Phonearena
    Got mine

So, Finally got my Nexus 5 32Gb Black yesterday (i ordered it through german google play as i am currenly travelling in germany for office work).

I started the phone and during setup it asked to download 134Mb data download before continuing. this is reported on internet by lots of people as LG made these certain initial quantity phones before google prepared final Kitkat version. So these phones come with pre final kitkat builds. I download data with wifi and it rebooted. Setup went well.
    I haven't rooted or unlocked the bootloader yet as i want to first check the phone for all the problems that people are reporting in their Nexus 5.
    1. Exchange Email syncing is working perfect even when screen if off.
    2. Downloaded the dead pixel detector from play store and did the test. Everything is perfect.
    3. No light Bleeding from screen edges.
    4. Volume rocker buttons are good. no loose fitting. Just that the edges are sharp.
    5. Power button is bit loose and makes rattling noise when i shake the phone gently.
    6. Played a video from youtube. Volume is not so loud but smooth. No problem with speaker.
    7. Wifi is bit of a problem i guess. My Iphone 5 wifi shows full bars while at the same distance Nexus 5 shows 3/4 bars. I am standing just 8 feets away from my Apple airport express turning my back to router.

First Impression:

Hardware:

Screen is dull at full brightness compared to my S3 and Iphone 5 (this might be deal breaker for some).
    Back panel is smooth and feels rubbery. Very Good hold in hand. No slippery feeling.
    Speaker sound is good but not as loud and clear as Iphone 5. Better than S3 in terms of smoothness but again loudness is not so much. it is not a deal breaker as it is enough for normal usage (Loudness might not be sufficient for some people while watching movie).
    Camera is good enough for Normal use but again sharpness and color correction is not like Iphone 5. It's comparable with my S3.
    Overall build quality is superb.

Software:

Kitkat seems to be quite fluid and refined. No Dialer lag felt (Famous in Galaxy Phones).
    Hangout integration with sms needs some time to get used to.
    Dialer is new and integrates search functionality in a good way.
    Icons look quite BIG. I might consider changing arrangements once tweaks available.

will update as i play more this new Toy.

Overall, in this price, fantastic phone to have considering Chart topping results of processor and first access to software updates.

Total Cost: 399€ phone + 8€ shipping.
    [PICS] Ringke fusion vs Ringke slim cases

Ringke cases reviewed

REARTH ringke fusion bumper case

menemeve.jpg

anezy7e3.jpg

PROS :
    -----------

• Good quality
    • Comfortable fit
    • can use with gadgetshieldz body protection
    • Gives maximum protection
    • No power button rattle

CONS :
    ------------
    • A bit bulky
    • looks are not very appealing
    • Dusts are visible in the back side

REARTH ringke slim case :

ha6yzeve.jpg

ujyge8an.jpg

adedaqy5.jpg

ju5azyja.jpg

PROS :
    ------------
    • very slim and light
    • cheap compared to the ringke fusion
    • soft back gives the premium look
    • super sexy :)

CONS :
    ------------
    • very tight fit (will experience difficulty while putting it)
    • can't be used with gadgetshieldz body protection
    • Power button rattle is still there
    • Finger print magnet

Hit :good: if it was helpful :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Xiaomi Mi 3 First Impressions / Short Review

I received my Xiaomi Mi3 today morning at 8am (Yeah!! 8!! These bluedart people have gone nuts). I was fast asleep and when my dogs started barking loudly I knew someone had come. Anyways, at least I got it quickly. I've used the device for 4-5 hours and here's my first impression:

1. Packaging and Contents:
    It was neatly packed by flipkart and the cardboard(Sorta) box from Xiaomi is super awesome. It's really attractive. Su 10/10 for packaging for both flipkart and Xiaomi from my side. The box contains the phone itself (lol), a 2A charger, decent sized microusb/usb cable and the usual warranty papers and userguide. Yeah, no headphones on this one! Will have to wait for the Xiaomi Pistons which will probably be available on flipkart itself.

2. Design:
    It is slightly bigger than the Nexus 5 because of the hardware navigation buttons buttons so forget one hand usage. You will need to juggle with it to reach the top and bottom of the scree quickly. The volume rocker and the power buttons are placed on the right side just like the Nexus 5, so turning on/off the device is convenient.
    The speakers are located at the bottom (again like the Nexus 5) so you can put the device down and listen to music conveniently. The sim tray was pretty hard to open (at least for me). I had to literally force the pin down to get it opened. It could be that I might have angled the pin incorrectly. The bezels of the phone are rounded so holding the device can be somewhat tricky to get used to. It's not as tactile as the Nexus 5.
    The build quality is superb but I really didn't like the finish of the back plate. It feels kinda cheap (at least to me). But it's a Rs. 13999 device, so can't complain much about it.

3. Pros:
    a. Well, first thing you notice is the price. It's unbeatable, and easily puts the Nexus 5 to shame if we compare the specs "one paper". (mind it)
    b. It's a 1080p IPS Retina Display but it seems somewhat washed out on some colors when compared to my calibrated Nexus 5's display. You can even adjust the contrast and color saturation of the screen via display settings, So I must say, Xiaomi's MIUI team has done a pretty good job. No need to use custom kernels. However, there aren't much options to choose from (Only 3).
    c. The speakers are pretty loud to begin with as compared to "stock" nexus 5's speakers and if I were to install Viper4Android on the Mi3, it would certainly bully the Nexus 5's speakers.
    d. Coming to the camera, it's a 13 mp BSI Camera with dual LED flash. However, it doesn't have OIS which is a huge let down. If your hands aren't still while clicking, it's kind of a nightmare. That being said, if you use it smartly, it takes excellent pictures but it doesn't match the HDR+ mode on our Nexus 5. Low light imaging is also kinda crap if you don't focus properly. Video recording is surprisingly solid and outperforms the nexus 5 IMO in various categories. There is also a 2mp front facing camera which outperforms out Nexus 5's 1.3mp camera. It's quite clear in daylight.
    e. The processor used is a SnapDragon 800 which is identical to the Nexus 5 and so is the RAM. However, since it's a custom ui, it takes up about 1.3GB of ram all the time. That being said, I haven't faced any lag or stutters even once!
    f. The battery on this thing is humongous! It's a 3050 mAh Li-On battery which IMO will last you an entire day easily even if you do some casual gaming every now and then.
    g. The software used (MIUI) is simply awesome. It has numerous features (after all it's a custom rom) and it's my favorite android skin after "pure" vanilla android.
    h. The LED notification light is situated on the top portion of the phone next to the sensor which is very conveniently located as compared to nexus 5's bottom one.
    i. I only installed a couple of games like Leo's forture and Subway surfer and it ran smoothly without a hint of any lag.

4. Cons:
    I really couldn't think of any cons when I was using the device for 4-5 hours but I'll state some of the inconvenient things which I faced.

a. The round bezels of the phone aren't very tactile as mentioned earlier.
    b. The power button rattles if we press it firmly but you can get over it.
    c. The edges of the phone are kinda sharp and can easily chip if it collides with something.
    d. The display as mentioned earlier is kinda/sorta washed out and the viewing angles are not that great. (Viewing angles part could be a pro or a con depending on the situation)
    e. It has just 16gigs of storage. (12gb user available) and lacks SD card slot.
    f. It doesn't have 4g/LTE connectivity. But we Indians probably don't mind that :silly:
    g. Even though the overall build quality is great, but something's not right when you hold it. You can feel it. I can't explain that.

5. Conclusion: Xiaomi Mi3 is a high device end with top notch specs on paper and behaves exactly the same in real life usage as well and coupled with Xiaomi's MIUI custom rom, it's a total eye candy. When you look at their pricing strategy you really wonder where Xiaomi has cut corners to push such specs on this device. I guess only time will tell. As of now, I would blindly reccomend it to anyone who is has a low budget, don't care about updates/pure android and want top notch specs.

These are my first impressions on this device and will keep y'all posted if I find anything else to report back.

Have a good day! :D

@rohit25
    @shhbz @Sukrith

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Here are some pics of the same.. Forgot to add it in my previous post.. :silly:

http://www.vinu.info/f/u/82IMG_20140725_083432.jpg
    http://www.vinu.info/f/u/67IMG_20140725_083550.jpg
    http://www.vinu.info/f/u/20IMG_20140725_083649.jpg
    http://www.vinu.info/f/u/69IMG_20140725_083758.jpg
    http://www.vinu.info/f/u/55IMG_20140725_085155.jpg
    http://www.vinu.info/f/u/10IMG_20140725_175752.jpg
    pix!! package and tax calculation and some phone pix

battery stats comin up in a day or two! :laugh: