Nexus 5 Speaker Mod!

Tip us?

gee2012
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2614
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
There is some sort of mod or app that you can use once rooted to increase the decibels. I can't vouch for how good sound quality will be once increased since I'm not rooted but you can always test it out.

sent from my neXus 5
Yes, look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2532788. You can either flash a zip or change the value manualy in Root Explorer. It improves the sound volume for sure, i`am using it myself.
USE Search: /this thread /all threads/Google before posting your question, you`re most likely not the first one having this issue
The Following User Says Thank You to gee2012 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tenhi
Old
Thanks Meter 27
And many custom kernels have this option to increase volume output (like faux or Franco). Pretty useful imo...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
~LGE Nexus 5 / Asus Nexus 7~ ROM: Stock KitKat
Previous phones:
HTC One X, Samsung Nexus S, HTC Desire, Nokia N97 (black), Nokia 6220c, Nokia E65, SE Xperia X1, Nokia N96, Iphone 3G 8GB, SE P1i, SE W660i, Nokia 7650 (first symbian s60 phone), SE T300i, Motorola V525, Siemens S45i, Nokia 8210, Ericsson T28, Ericsson R320, Nokia 7110 (first wap phone), Nokia 3210, Panasonic GD30...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tenhi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HazyPreston93
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuncE718 View Post
There is some sort of mod or app that you can use once rooted to increase the decibels. I can't vouch for how good sound quality will be once increased since I'm not rooted but you can always test it out.

sent from my neXus 5
That's alright, I don't really use my phone speaker for anything besides my ringtones honestly.