Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,320 Members 39,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 and sticky notes

Tip us?

DannyBoy7783
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Nexus 5 and sticky notes

Hey all, just a neat little thing I noticed yesterday: sticky notes (the paper kind) don't stick to the screen of the Nexus 5. I used to sometimes put notes on my phone when I had to remember something later and I tried to do it with my new Nexus 5 and it just fell right off. Cool!

mysticalnyte
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy7783 View Post
Hey all, just a neat little thing I noticed yesterday: sticky notes (the paper kind) don't stick to the screen of the Nexus 5. I used to sometimes put notes on my phone when I had to remember something later and I tried to do it with my new Nexus 5 and it just fell right off. Cool!
I use Google Keep. It syncs from your PC to the phone and vice-versa.
The Following User Says Thank You to mysticalnyte For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
In 2014 we have google keep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mistahseller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matrix_19
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Any.DO is another great option

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aavvaallooss
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Why are you using "analogic" sticky notes on XXI century?
Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.4 + TWRP + SuperSU + Dalvik/Bionic + Franco + Xposed + GPU drivers). PVS 2
The Following User Says Thank You to aavvaallooss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lukas_s
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Just tried. It stuck, but not very well. Probably has something to do with the oleophobic coating, which will likely rub off at some point.
93 93/93

dinggus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
In 2014 we have google keep.
Nothing wrong with using sticky notes. I have a ton of notes on my iPhone before I switched and always forgot about them.

_MetalHead_
Old
Thanks Meter 2,063
Just tested, they stick on mine just fine. I suspect it to be a hardware issue, you might want to RMA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
\m/(-_-)\m/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to _MetalHead_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mistahseller
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post
Nothing wrong with using sticky notes. I have a ton of notes on my iPhone before I switched and always forgot about them.
but we are not talking about virtual sticky notes we are talking about physical, I doubt you had a bunch of sticky notes actually on your iPhone.

dinggus
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahseller View Post
but we are not talking about virtual sticky notes we are talking about physical, I doubt you had a bunch of sticky notes actually on your iPhone.
I'm just saying it's easier to remember something when it's visual.