My Nexus 5 stolen by UPS

OP corgi1

8th November 2013, 05:55 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
More
Ordered a Nexus 5 on Oct 31st and tracking showed it was out for delivery today. Could not wait to get it! At 6:15 pm there was a knock on the door and when I opened the door I saw the UPS driver walking back to his truck. I picked up the package and called "thank you" to the driver. Once inside I opened the brown shipping box and removed the inside retail Nexus 5 box. The retail box appeared to have some damage. The blue outer sleeve was torn back on one end and the end flaps of the inner white box were also torn. Inside the box was the documentation, wall charger, USB cord, and SIM removal tool, but the Nexus 5 phone was missing! I looked back at the brown outer shipping box and then could see that someone had torn the end flap on it as well. Once they had removed the Nexus 5 phone they used packing tape to seal the shipping box and that is how it was delivered this evening to me.

The worst part is that since I could see by the tracking info that the package was out for delivery today, I went ahead and listed my current phone on eBay with a buy it now price. I figured it would take a few days to sell, but no, it sold within a few hours. so now I must send off my current phone to the buyer who has already paid me and I have no new phone. Called Google and was told that they would open an investigation and would refund the full amount of my order, but that I would have to place a new order on the Play store if I wanted to replace the stolen Nexus 5. Of course the Play store is now out of stock and new orders are having to wait 3-4 weeks for it to ship.

Update:
I ordered my replacement Nexus 5 on Nov. 7th and this time selected 2 day shipping. Play Store said it would "leave the warehouse on Nov. 22". Got an email on Nov. 11th saying it had shipped and I received it on Tuesday the 12th. Using 2 day shipping the package did not go through the Vernon, CA hub as the one that was stolen did. I received a full refund from Google for the stolen phone 8 days after reporting it. It was a pain to have this happen, but all is good now and I am loving the Nexus 5!
Last edited by corgi1; 16th November 2013 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Final update
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corgi1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2013, 06:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 46

769 posts
Donate to Me
That's terrible.. Same thing happen to me with USPS. Had to take a hit and yell Out screw you universe!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
8th November 2013, 06:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag Ontario
Thanks Meter: 35

217 posts
Wow thats horrible! In my opinion thats worst then them loosing your package! Like you know your all excited it finally arrived and you get ripped apart emotionally because your upset! Hopefully everything works out for you!
8th November 2013, 06:05 AM   |  #4  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 893

2,030 posts
More
I am really sorry to hear that. Such a ****ty situation.

If it's any consolation, it does look like those ordering this week with "2-3 week" and "3-4 week" shipping are actually seeing their packages ship immediately. So turn around time will probably be quicker than you think. It all still sucks, nonetheless.
8th November 2013, 06:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 1,501

2,337 posts
More
this is some upside-down bs right here.

sorry dude. you have the imei on the box. i wonder if anyone can see where that N5 (imei) activates and starts pinging...
8th November 2013, 06:11 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Bakersfield
Thanks Meter: 5

43 posts
More
After reporting the incident to Google, I was sent an email asking for my consent authorizing Google to remotely disable the device with the IMEI/SERIAL number of the phone that was shipped to me. Of course I replied yes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corgi1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th November 2013, 06:14 AM   |  #7  
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 17

98 posts
More
Oh you too man! I feel your pain. Here is my post.

BTW you should have replied I CONSENT.
8th November 2013, 06:16 AM   |  #8  
Flag CHICAGO
Thanks Meter: 96

529 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi1

After reporting the incident to Google, I was sent an email asking for my consent authorizing Google to remotely disable the device with the IMEI/SERIAL number of the phone that was shipped to me. Of course I replied yes!

You are the second person I heard this happen to in the past two days

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXel55

Oh you too man! I feel your pain. Here is my post.

BTW you should have replied I CONSENT.

EDIT: Make that third
Last edited by journeyman73; 8th November 2013 at 06:21 AM.
8th November 2013, 06:17 AM   |  #9  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 295

1,331 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgi1

Well, at least that douche won't be able to use the phone now, just a small consolation, but I guess in a situation like this you have to take what you can get :-/
8th November 2013, 06:24 AM   |  #10  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,668

3,571 posts
somehow they knew there was a phone in that box

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread