My Nexus 5 stolen by UPS

Search This thread

corgi1

Mar 23, 2008
Bakersfield
Ordered a Nexus 5 on Oct 31st and tracking showed it was out for delivery today. Could not wait to get it! At 6:15 pm there was a knock on the door and when I opened the door I saw the UPS driver walking back to his truck. I picked up the package and called "thank you" to the driver. Once inside I opened the brown shipping box and removed the inside retail Nexus 5 box. The retail box appeared to have some damage. The blue outer sleeve was torn back on one end and the end flaps of the inner white box were also torn. Inside the box was the documentation, wall charger, USB cord, and SIM removal tool, but the Nexus 5 phone was missing! I looked back at the brown outer shipping box and then could see that someone had torn the end flap on it as well. Once they had removed the Nexus 5 phone they used packing tape to seal the shipping box and that is how it was delivered this evening to me.

The worst part is that since I could see by the tracking info that the package was out for delivery today, I went ahead and listed my current phone on eBay with a buy it now price. I figured it would take a few days to sell, but no, it sold within a few hours. so now I must send off my current phone to the buyer who has already paid me and I have no new phone. Called Google and was told that they would open an investigation and would refund the full amount of my order, but that I would have to place a new order on the Play store if I wanted to replace the stolen Nexus 5. Of course the Play store is now out of stock and new orders are having to wait 3-4 weeks for it to ship. :mad:

Update:
I ordered my replacement Nexus 5 on Nov. 7th and this time selected 2 day shipping. Play Store said it would "leave the warehouse on Nov. 22". Got an email on Nov. 11th saying it had shipped and I received it on Tuesday the 12th. Using 2 day shipping the package did not go through the Vernon, CA hub as the one that was stolen did. I received a full refund from Google for the stolen phone 8 days after reporting it. It was a pain to have this happen, but all is good now and I am loving the Nexus 5!

Last edited:

oupavoc

Oct 18, 2011
Ontario
Wow thats horrible! In my opinion thats worst then them loosing your package! Like you know your all excited it finally arrived and you get ripped apart emotionally because your upset! Hopefully everything works out for you!

sn0warmy

Jul 26, 2010
Boulder, CO
I am really sorry to hear that. Such a ****ty situation. :(

If it's any consolation, it does look like those ordering this week with "2-3 week" and "3-4 week" shipping are actually seeing their packages ship immediately. So turn around time will probably be quicker than you think. It all still sucks, nonetheless.

xBeerdroiDx

Nov 10, 2012
Fort Worth
this is some upside-down bs right here.

sorry dude. you have the imei on the box. i wonder if anyone can see where that N5 (imei) activates and starts pinging...

corgi1

Mar 23, 2008
Bakersfield
After reporting the incident to Google, I was sent an email asking for my consent authorizing Google to remotely disable the device with the IMEI/SERIAL number of the phone that was shipped to me. Of course I replied yes!

Reactions: Cuppeerr and jtshiv

journeyman73

Sep 14, 2007
CHICAGO
After reporting the incident to Google, I was sent an email asking for my consent authorizing Google to remotely disable the device with the IMEI/SERIAL number of the phone that was shipped to me. Of course I replied yes!

You are the second person I heard this happen to in the past two days

Oh you too man! I feel your pain. Here is my post.

BTW you should have replied I CONSENT.
EDIT: Make that third

Last edited:

jadephyre

Jan 30, 2008
Moers
Samsung Galaxy A33

Well, at least that douche won't be able to use the phone now, just a small consolation, but I guess in a situation like this you have to take what you can get :-/

JCreazy

Jan 15, 2011
Missouri
What has the world come to when we can't trust people that we pay to do their job correctly an honestly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Zezrs

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
Again I will ask in this thread too, did you call ups also to retort it asap. Show then pics when you get a chance

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

DeXel55

Apr 20, 2010
SoCal
Again I will ask in this thread too, did you call ups also to retort it asap. Show then pics when you get a chance

No. Should I? This is the first time I get screwed. I doubt they can do anything. It's up to sender (Google) to open insurance claim and etc.

lopri

Jan 24, 2013
I once lost my video card "delivered." To date I haven't figured out who the thief is!

monkeypaws

Feb 19, 2012
Exactly. The more time you wait the note it looks like something else happened. Also. In thinking those with stolen phone should send pics and your stories to android police blog and other blogs so not publicity can be made. If thief's know people are aware there is an issue they may not rus riskh it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you serously didn't call UPS yet to report the driver? tell them the time of delivery they'll know exactly who was on shift
    even if it wasnt the driver, you need to report this, this is UPS losing credibility, comeonnow
    Ordered a Nexus 5 on Oct 31st and tracking showed it was out for delivery today. Could not wait to get it! At 6:15 pm there was a knock on the door and when I opened the door I saw the UPS driver walking back to his truck. I picked up the package and called "thank you" to the driver. Once inside I opened the brown shipping box and removed the inside retail Nexus 5 box. The retail box appeared to have some damage. The blue outer sleeve was torn back on one end and the end flaps of the inner white box were also torn. Inside the box was the documentation, wall charger, USB cord, and SIM removal tool, but the Nexus 5 phone was missing! I looked back at the brown outer shipping box and then could see that someone had torn the end flap on it as well. Once they had removed the Nexus 5 phone they used packing tape to seal the shipping box and that is how it was delivered this evening to me.

The worst part is that since I could see by the tracking info that the package was out for delivery today, I went ahead and listed my current phone on eBay with a buy it now price. I figured it would take a few days to sell, but no, it sold within a few hours. so now I must send off my current phone to the buyer who has already paid me and I have no new phone. Called Google and was told that they would open an investigation and would refund the full amount of my order, but that I would have to place a new order on the Play store if I wanted to replace the stolen Nexus 5. Of course the Play store is now out of stock and new orders are having to wait 3-4 weeks for it to ship. :mad:

Update:
    I ordered my replacement Nexus 5 on Nov. 7th and this time selected 2 day shipping. Play Store said it would "leave the warehouse on Nov. 22". Got an email on Nov. 11th saying it had shipped and I received it on Tuesday the 12th. Using 2 day shipping the package did not go through the Vernon, CA hub as the one that was stolen did. I received a full refund from Google for the stolen phone 8 days after reporting it. It was a pain to have this happen, but all is good now and I am loving the Nexus 5!
    What has the world come to when we can't trust people that we pay to do their job correctly an honestly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Seriosuly?
    Your Purchase was stolen during delivery and you don't even tell them??? Duuude :eek: