5,597,449 Members 30,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 5 Straight Talk (AT&T) Thread

Tip us?

eparico
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Although I didn't have this problem with T-Mobile, it seems the signal strength inside my home isn't nearly as good with ST. I can still make and receive calls and I have wireless at home so it's not a real big deal. I got to work this morning and ran another speed test with much better results. I think I can live with this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SpeedTest.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	2660675  

stebomurkn420
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I made the switch today and I can report I am getting LTE in Midwest rural area Ohio...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1396411804484.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	2663783  

CrypticRook
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Has any one managed to tether to an Xbox 360? I tried but get MTU errors. Go through the settings though and the MTU values meet the minimum requirements for Xbox live. I've even gone through and changed the MTU values my self to no avail.

roadster92
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebomurkn420 View Post
I made the switch today and I can report I am getting LTE in Midwest rural area Ohio...

I used to get that speed 1st couple of months... but now into my 4th month. Last month and this month the speed drop to 3Mbps.

Have no idea why, nothing change and my APN is corrected. Call tech support... and guess what .. no clue.

Think now that I will go to T-mobile 30 plan.

stebomurkn420
Old
(Last edited by stebomurkn420; 5th April 2014 at 07:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 119
So I have definitely went over the 2.5 gigs of high speed data in fact I have used almost 7 gigs of data in the past 5 days and I am still not throttled. Well I mean I am somewhat throttled but not nearly enough to be in any way upset. The first couple days after I activated my sim card with the 45$/ month plan I went LTE crazy downloading movies, watching YouTube/Netflix and even tethering my ps3 to play COD. I used 4 gigs in 2 days. In which the whole time I received lte speeds of 20mb/s or better. After day 2 they did throttle me but I'm still receiving max speeds of 14mb/s and consistent downloading of data at a rate between 1.5 and 4 mb/s... So far I am very impressed...

P.S. My buddy has official AT&T service with an iPhone 5 and receives upwards of 50 mb/s at all times sitting in my living room. Lol. And I can also report that there was a lte tower activated on march 22,2014 in darke county Ohio.