Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,375 Members 45,297 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 6 and Nexus 8 spotted in Chromium Code

Tip us?

bozzykid
Old
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moynia View Post
I heard a lot of people saying the Nexus 8 might be an HTC tablet.
Yes, it is assumed that is what the device called htc/flounder in AOSP is referring to. At this point it is more than a rumor.

tokuzumi
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Will be interested to see what Google has up their sleeves for the rumored final Nexus phone, and what it will be called (isn't Nexus 6 copywrited?). I'd love to see a smaller footprint device, with a 5" screen, like what you would see if the Moto X had a 5" screen. The device would probably be Galaxy Nexus sized.

If OnePlus makes a smaller phone, I'll probably start going with those (assuming Google stops the Nexus line, and no longer offers subsidized phones), since the support should be incredible, and the price would be right where we would expect a Nexus device to be.

rickyx32
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokuzumi View Post
Will be interested to see what Google has up their sleeves for the rumored final Nexus phone, and what it will be called (isn't Nexus 6 copywrited?). I'd love to see a smaller footprint device, with a 5" screen, like what you would see if the Moto X had a 5" screen. The device would probably be Galaxy Nexus sized.

If OnePlus makes a smaller phone, I'll probably start going with those (assuming Google stops the Nexus line, and no longer offers subsidized phones), since the support should be incredible, and the price would be right where we would expect a Nexus device to be.
I hope that OnePlus succeeds, I've read articles about how they can't even provide phones or accessories to the 100 contest winners. Some got an empty box, while others got the phone wrapped up in bubble wrap without anything else...
Current Phone: Xperia Z1, Nexus 5
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
Previous Devices: Galaxy S3, Nexus 7, HTC One V, LG Optimus Elite, LG Optimus V

TheLastSidekick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1915

DONATE TO ME
It does seem that the OnePlus One hype has died down and fast. Maybe this was proof that super cheap flagship phones cannot be done reliability.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Proud owner of LG Google Nexus 5.

CafeKampuchia
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyx32 View Post
I hope that OnePlus succeeds, I've read articles about how they can't even provide phones or accessories to the 100 contest winners. Some got an empty box, while others got the phone wrapped up in bubble wrap without anything else...
Only one person got an empty box, and that was because it was stolen by an employee of the shipping company. OnePlus swiftly turned another phone around for him.

Source: Android Authority

As for the bubble wrap and no accessories:
Quote:
As much as we would have preferred one of our first Smash the Past winners to have shared the unboxing of the One with everybody, we didn't have the boxes and accessories ready at the time we had to ship the phones to our warehouses in Europe and the US to be right on schedule. Since we didn't want our fans to wait any longer, we notified all our 100 smashers that they would receive the entire package later this month.
Source: OnePlus forum