FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[noob-read] adb and fastboot. What is it? How can it help you?

29,949 posts
Thanks Meter: 18,579

By danarama, Senior Member on 6th July 2014, 07:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
10th March 2015, 08:34 PM |#61  
Flag The Desert
Thanks Meter: 80

More
OK. That makes sense. Thanks.

10th March 2015, 09:15 PM |#62  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 8,732

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadFish79

This may be a dumb question, but I used the 15 second installer. How do I update fast boot?

If you want the latest version (which is rev 21), I've uploaded it here (for Windows). Just replace your existing fastboot.exe with the one included in the zip.

Like rootSU mentioned, it may not be necessary, but I always like to make sure I use the latest version of the tools (to avoid any issues), as I don't really have time to look through the source to see what has changed. (According to this, the latest commit was from two weeks ago, and it was a minor change.)
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2015, 09:26 PM |#63  
Flag Tillsonburg
Thanks Meter: 890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

If you want the latest version (which is rev 21), I've uploaded it here (for Windows). Just replace your existing fastboot.exe with the one included in the zip.

Like rootSU mentioned, it may not be necessary, but I always like to make sure I use the latest version of the tools (to avoid any issues), as I don't really have time to look through the source to see what has changed. (According to this, the latest commit was from two weeks ago, and it was a minor change.)

Did this fix the infamous system image error? I just flashed them manually because the fastboot from the SDK didn't help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, fastboot, flash, pull, push
Previous Thread Next Thread