5,597,647 Members 33,160 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official paranoid android is out...

Tip us?
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#71  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,246
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I appreciate that PA has given us per app DPI, PIE, and Halo, but other than that, I don't see the appeal. LMT Launcher does a WAY better version of Pie, Halo I can take it or leave it, and changing the DPI doesn't make much sense to me because it screws with the natural layout and can be a pain to dial in the right amount and still be easy to read. But I love that there are options. They just aren't much in the way for custom settings, not good at theme support, and doesn't feel any more fluid than the other tons of roms out there. So what do you get out of PA that you can't replicate (probably better) in another rom with just adding Xposed and the appropriate modules?
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?
 
Pirateghost
Old
#72  
Pirateghost's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4628
Posts: 9,083
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Xposed modules can be hacky, bloated, and they tend to have feature overlap. I will take clean AOSPA code over any hacks that xposed modules give me

Sent from my Nexus 5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#73  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,246
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost View Post
Xposed modules can be hacky, bloated, and they tend to have feature overlap. I will take clean AOSPA code over any hacks that xposed modules give me

Sent from my Nexus 5
Eh If it doesn't mess up my phone and the end result is better, I couldn't care less if it's a hack or official.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?
 
Jposton
Old
#74  
Jposton's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 189
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florence, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
I appreciate that PA has given us per app DPI, PIE, and Halo, but other than that, I don't see the appeal. LMT Launcher does a WAY better version of Pie, Halo I can take it or leave it, and changing the DPI doesn't make much sense to me because it screws with the natural layout and can be a pain to dial in the right amount and still be easy to read. But I love that there are options. They just aren't much in the way for custom settings, not good at theme support, and doesn't feel any more fluid than the other tons of roms out there. So what do you get out of PA that you can't replicate (probably better) in another rom with just adding Xposed and the appropriate modules?
PA was the first to implement pie, halo, and hybird into a ROM. Be thankful they allow their code to be used, otherwise all other ROMs would be plain with only status bar tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
 
es0tericcha0s
Old
#75  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 1,246
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jposton View Post
PA was the first to implement pie, halo, and hybird into a ROM. Be thankful they allow their code to be used, otherwise all other ROMs would be plain with only status bar tweaks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
It's odd...you post quoted me, and responded to the idea of my message, but it's like somehow you didn't even read what I wrote. Let's highlight: I appreciate what PA has given us, DPI is worthless to me, I don't care about Halo, and LMT Launcher does PIE 10x better and doesn't use their code (just the beginning idea).
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s and check out my site: http://mobilemojo5280.com for more info!


HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / ?
 
havy15
Old
#76  
havy15's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 425
Join Date: Jan 2012
So how is the ROM so far?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Sent from a Ice Cold Nexus

Devices:
HTC Thunderbolt-backup phone
ROM:LiquidSmooth
Kernel:Stock
Bootloader:Unlocked

Iphone 5-Dust collector

S3-
ROM: Beans 14
Kernel:KT747
Bootloader:Unlocked
SOLD!!!
 
TheAtheistOtaku
Old
#77  
TheAtheistOtaku's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 284
Posts: 1,117
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Buffalo
would like to know if they have implemented their hybrid settings into the rom yet. first time i flashed it it wasnt in the settings (assuming it was because they havent coded it for android 4.4 yet)
 
zxyz
Old
#78  
zxyz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 73
Posts: 130
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtheistOtaku View Post
would like to know if they have implemented their hybrid settings into the rom yet. first time i flashed it it wasnt in the settings (assuming it was because they havent coded it for android 4.4 yet)
nope.
 
FuMMoD
Old
#79  
FuMMoD's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1853
Posts: 3,997
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Florida

 
DONATE TO ME
There is an official thread now in the original development forums. Woot!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
If I helped you out please click the thanks button under my name. Thanks!

Holo White Accent Theme Zip For Cataclysm
Nexus 5 Cataclysm Help thread and Mirrors

The Following User Says Thank You to FuMMoD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes