OK Google unlocks device!

Search This thread

OptimusVDarwin

Apr 25, 2011
Vallejo
uploadfromtaptalk1432288211623.jpg why did I just fine out about this today!? By enabling "trusted voice in Google now under " voice " then "ok Google detection" you can now wake you're device by saying "ok Google" just like the Moto X. [emoji1] woot woot!

Be careful though it might not be as safe as a pin code or pattern but I'm still going to use it for convenience.

Last edited:

dadomonte

Jan 12, 2014
Natal/RN
Just unlock not wake up??

View attachment 3325740 why did I just fine out about this today!? By enabling "trusted voice in Google now under " voice " then "ok Google detection" you can now wake you're device by saying "ok Google" just like the Moto X. [emoji1] woot woot!

Be careful though it might not be as safe as a pin code or pattern but I'm still going to use it for convenience.

I guess you can´t "wake up" your device like moto X, just unlock it when the screen is already on. Did you tested it?

zerosum0

Feb 7, 2015
Says not available in uk English. It's OUR LANGUAGE! I set it to USA English but that robot American chick does my head in. She's sooo perky!

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I guess you can´t "wake up" your device like moto X, just unlock it when the screen is already on. Did you tested it?

I tried it and you can phone text etc

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

snappycg1996

Dec 29, 2012
View attachment 3325740 why did I just fine out about this today!? By enabling "trusted voice in Google now under " voice " then "ok Google detection" you can now wake you're device by saying "ok Google" just like the Moto X. [emoji1] woot woot!

I don't have this option. Mine says "personal results" and allows searches from a locked phone. I tried putting a lock on my phone in a few different ways and nothing. What's weird is there is a "trusted voice" in the smart lock section. Guess this is an update rolling out?

OptimusVDarwin

Apr 25, 2011
Vallejo
I don't have this option. Mine says "personal results" and allows searches from a locked phone. I tried putting a lock on my phone in a few different ways and nothing. What's weird is there is a "trusted voice" in the smart lock section. Guess this is an update rolling out?

It's in Google now settings, then go to "voice" then "ok Google" detection then you should see "trusted voice".

I was wondering what was new because I received an update on the Google app and that's how I came across this.

Sent from Mars

snappycg1996

Dec 29, 2012
It's in Google now settings, then go to "voice" then "ok Google" detection then you should see "trusted voice".

I was wondering what was new because I received an update on the Google app and that's how I came across this.

Sent from Mars

I know this man lol it isn't there for me. I haven't got a google app update either I don't think. Maybe it is rolling out.

4K2K

May 22, 2015
While it could be nice, I wonder the impact it will have on battery performance. I recall reading that Moto X has a dedicated low power chipset for it whereas Nexus does not.

andsuper52

Sep 14, 2013
Xiaomi 11T Pro
It actually doesn't. Works only when it's charging for me. Everything turned on, trusted voices and everything. Tried all security options too. Doesn't work when unplugged .

NotFromMountainView

Oct 25, 2013
Toronto
Says not available in uk English. It's OUR LANGUAGE! I set it to USA English but that robot American chick does my head in. She's sooo perky!

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

I tried it and you can phone text etc

SENT BY ENTANGLEMENT

Sure, she needs to listen in US English, but can still be set to talk back in perky robot UK English -- that's the way I have mine set up. :)

Actually, She does seem to speak in different voices depending on the source material, but I'm enjoying that. (And she's perky UK about 80% of the time.)

While this is not exceptionally secure, I'm really just worried about protecting the phone from some dude who picks it up if ever I leave it in a bar. In my limited testing, nobody's been able to unlock the phone by trying to imitate my voice. Knowing the potential trade-off, I'm really enjoying the feature - being able to start a query, play music, listen to NPR, etc,. all without having to swipe and enter my pattern, or even look at the screen, is neat-o! For the almost-Moto effect try it with Gravity Screen!

Remember, all smart locks time-out after 4 hours unused so don't expect it to work when you get up in the morning.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Trusted voice, trusted devices, trusted face, trusted places...google is undermining security.