Opinions on Nexus 5 vs Note 3

OP iiDeadSeriousii

12th June 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 11

132 posts
More
I'm going to try and not sound like another "vs." thread but I'm genuinely curious about an N5. I had an N4 before upgrading to a Note 3 and after a few months I'm just not happy with the size of it (that's what she said). It just doesn't feel natural using this phone one-handed even after all this time. Also the ROM support for me is lacking (particularly PA which I dearly miss).

How many of you guys have tried both devices? Should I bother getting an N5 or should I wait for whatever is next that Google reveals? If there's one thing I'm leery on is the battery life. I do a lot of on site troubleshooting and I'm constantly hammering my battery with navigating and looking things up and this Note 3 holds up admirably. Can I expect the same out of the N5?

Sent from my hlte using XDA Free mobile app
12th June 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 297

792 posts
Opinions on Nexus 5 vs Note 3
I have a Note 3 Neo which is not too dissimilar to the flagship model. I switched to Nexus 5 and I couldn't be happier. It's not perfect for one handed use, but it's a lot more comfortable to hold than the Neo.

I can't really attest to the battery life because I've been using Franco kernel from day 1 without any noticeable battery worries. Neo probably lasted a bit longer but since you have the flagship with a better battery, the difference might be a bit more noticeable.

The Nexus community has the most active and innovative development I've come across. I used the Moto X before the Note 3, and despite all the praise it receives, I prefer the Nexus 5 much more because of all the modding options it offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Khaiyan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 118

575 posts
More
I've had a Note prier to the G2 and now N5.
For me N5 is everything that I want in phone, it would hurt if it would be let's say 5.3" that's my ideal size, but I really don't miss more screen that much. Only on the day's I see my father heavy using his Note 3, or my mother with her G2.
The reason I was not happy with the Note 3, was because I've got tiered of hardware buttons and always weird noise making homescreen button (I have such luck that all of mine past Samsungs had something weird going on with the home button - or it's just me being paranoid )
Anyway the battery on Note is decent it gets me trough the day with normal to heavy usage ( without games ) when the Note would run on the same pace for a day and 3-5 hours more.
For me it was at first an easy jump to the G2 because of no hardware buttons, and then form the G2 to N5 because im just a phone junkie and I love pure experience, fast device, and everything open source out of the box. While G2 was near perfect after flashing PA or CM on it.. that was still not it, for me at least. N5 is a beast and since I'm using it there is no "devil" in me looking out for some other phone.
Well maybe the iphone, but I've owned 3gs and 4.. and I got bored the same week lol.

For you I would suggest G2 is the perfect option, it has the same if not better battery then N5 (I'm not joking) and Lg skin is not that bad as Samsungs.. but it's not better either.

G2 + dormiax (or what is the name of kernel) + cm, mahdi, or PA and you will be one happy camper!
12th June 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Baden-Württemberg
Thanks Meter: 5,912

2,700 posts
Donate to Me
More
Guys, we do not allow comparison threads... thread closed
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread