Paranoid Android ROM "discussion thread".

OP Rycon33

11th June 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,263

2,576 posts
More
I've thought about this since other device also are doing this kind of separate "discussion thread" about a particular ROM. To minimize the off-topics and simple Q's raised every time in the development thread.

Now let's start the ball rolling.
Last edited by Rycon33; 19th June 2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: removed the mods from old build
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rycon33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

247 posts
More
Got some issues because of which I decided to return to stock:
1. FC chrome when typing address (after I press enter)
2. FC Camera on spheric photos (or whatever are they called)
3. Sometimes FC theme application

If there weren't these issues, I'd be testing this ROM, unfortunately I had to return to stock because of them. If PA tem will fix them (as I read on G+, I'm not the only one having these issues, so I guess it's not my fault).

Forgot to write, I'm on Nexus 5.
Last edited by trawel; 11th June 2014 at 11:24 AM.
11th June 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag 203
Thanks Meter: 1,574

2,661 posts
More
I haven't used PA in a bit, but I still follow the thread. It's about time they got one of these. I mean how many times has that thread been cleaned already? Poor Pirateghost is answering the same questions at least 5 different times on the SAME PAGE, pretty much daily. Now those people can be linked here. Thanks for opening this, OP. Hopefully it does reduce OT in the development thread. Like I said, I try to follow the thread, but there are so many people who don't search and ask questions that are clearly answered like 3 posts above theirs + the people who flame them + the people who bicker back and fourth because of the flaming. It makes the thread a real pain to read. So again, thanks..
Last edited by RoyJ; 11th June 2014 at 11:29 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 11:34 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

2,576 posts
More
Hehehe, the one in dev section is even "Locked" now coz even the mods cannot take it anymore. At least this thread being in the "general section" they will be linient. And occasional off-topics won't hurt.
11th June 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #5  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 416

2,761 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trawel

If there weren't these issues, I'd be testing this ROM, unfortunately I had to return to stock because of them. If PA tem will fix them (as I read on G+, I'm not the only one having these issues, so I guess it's not my fault).

ohh these bugs !!!

BTW did you dirty flash it ?
11th June 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

2,576 posts
More
Quote:

Try a clean flash then see if those are still persistent. For theme issues, most themes aren't stable yet for Android 4.4.3(e.g. some themes will FC the dialer)
11th June 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 12

247 posts
More
I did a clean flash:
Wiped system, data, cache and dalvik, flashed pa, pa gapps stock, pa chrome beta addon, elementalx and supersu as suggested in instructions and these bugs appeared after clean flash

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka
11th June 2014, 01:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

2,576 posts
More
Quote:

I did a clean flash:
Wiped system, data, cache and dalvik, flashed pa, pa gapps stock, pa chrome beta addon, elementalx and supersu as suggested in instructions and these bugs appeared after clean flash

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

yeah, I've also read(in their PA G+) a couple of posts relating to few bugs like in chrome

for the mean time though

- we can use other internet browser since chrome is having issues with the build

- revert to default theme, if other themes are causing any FC or something

- stick with the stock kernel atm
11th June 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 783

1,488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ

I haven't used PA in a bit, but I still follow the thread. It's about time they got one of these. I mean how many times has that thread been cleaned already? Poor Pirateghost is answering the same questions at least 5 different times on the SAME PAGE, pretty much daily. Now those people can be linked here. Thanks for opening this, OP. Hopefully it does reduce OT in the development thread. Like I said, I try to follow the thread, but there are so many people who don't search and ask questions that are clearly answered like 3 posts above theirs + the people who flame them + the people who bicker back and fourth because of the flaming. It makes the thread a real pain to read. So again, thanks..

Definitely. Both the XDA thread and the Google+ page has to be one of the worst communities I've seen. Constant repeated questions to the point that the some devs are actively hostile towards the user. Can't say I blame them though. It'd tick me off as well.

Still loving the ROM though.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AndrasLOHF For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 4

33 posts
More
Why has this thread only just been created? I have already found that i'm not the only one with these problems, in the first page.

This is the thread we have been waiting for.
Last edited by Lewis_eds; 11th June 2014 at 02:24 PM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lewis_eds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread