Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Petition to get Cataclysm Updated to 4.4.3

Tip us?

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1205
You guys are all acting like the dev is some sort of hero... If he REALLY is in jail for domestic abuse, stop putting him on a pedestal. He's EXACTLY where he deserves to be. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend, but domestic violence has been a part of my life and it is NEVER okay. I truly hope he learns his lesson.

If you want a comparable ROM, build it yourself. So his sources aren't open, just cherry pick all the same features...

Just please, stop praising him. Someone who is involved in that sort of thing deserves fully to be in jail. I've personally seen the devastation that domestic violence can cause first hand and it is freaking horrible. Stop acting like he's some awesome person when you don't even know him. Sorry if I offended you, but you try listening to people praise a man who's in jail for domestic violence after you've seen what I have.

Find a new ROM already. Get over it...
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

umataro42
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenLee View Post
Not to knock Cataclysm, but there are other ROMs that are equally as awesome. Purity for example. Just sayin'
I second that suggestion. It's the closest ROM to Cataclysm out of the ones I've tried, and it's updated to 4.4.3.

After it seemed like Cataclysm would not see a 4.4.3 update, I tried out a couple ROMs that seemed more likely to update to the next version. First CarbonROM, but 2 days in I started getting forced reboots (several times a day, sometimes within minutes of each other), so then I tried BeanStalk only to read further in the forum that the dev was busy with real life stuff (which is understandable and I wish him well). Finally, I saw Purity ROM listed as being on 4.4.3 so I gave it a try, and it's pretty close to Cataclysm in being mostly stock, with a few of the good extras, and the battery life I have it with it is similar to Cataclysm (which was great).

It's a stable ROM, so there's no nightlies, just periodic updates if new features show up (from what I've seen).

rich2007
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by umataro42 View Post
I second that suggestion. It's the closest ROM to Cataclysm out of the ones I've tried, and it's updated to 4.4.3.

After it seemed like Cataclysm would not see a 4.4.3 update, I tried out a couple ROMs that seemed more likely to update to the next version. First CarbonROM, but 2 days in I started getting forced reboots (several times a day, sometimes within minutes of each other), so then I tried BeanStalk only to read further in the forum that the dev was busy with real life stuff (which is understandable and I wish him well). Finally, I saw Purity ROM listed as being on 4.4.3 so I gave it a try, and it's pretty close to Cataclysm in being mostly stock, with a few of the good extras, and the battery life I have it with it is similar to Cataclysm (which was great).

It's a stable ROM, so there's no nightlies, just periodic updates if new features show up (from what I've seen).
Same here, move on people
T-Mobile USA

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3687
I think this has gone on for long enough. Wild speculation about someones well being is in poor taste guys.

Thread Closed.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe