XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

This phone is amazing!

Tip us?

DigitalUnderground
Old
Thanks Meter 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedscorpion View Post
... other android phones like Samsung , HTC , or etc...are piece of sh....t ! trust me
Dumbest statement I've read in a long time on xda.

Galaxy s3, s4, note2, note3, HTC one are NOT POS'. Just because you don't like them doesn't make them pieces of sh*t. So no, we won't trust you. I've owned the s3 and 4 and both were very high quality devices. My gal has the One and although I don't like sense 5, it doesn't mean the phone is a pos. It is also very high quality (except the camera)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Blackbox421
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I hope I wont regret it to buy a nexus 5.. 450 here in germany.
Hope the battery isn't that bad as many people tell here

Gesendet von meinem GT-S5830 mit Tapatalk 2

bloot
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefallen924 View Post
While i agree that rooting and getting everything how youd like does take some time and reading, using a toolkit it can all be accomplished within 15-20 minutes. However, stock android has gotten so good, that i wish Google would ask manufacturers to give us the option of running stock android out of the box. I had a n5, found a deal on an LG G2 so i returned the nexus. while the hardware on the G2 was amazing, the UI was fugly and slow. Rooted and on aosp, still wasnt as smooth as the N5, which brought me back.
Manufacturers don't want what we want, Samsung for example, was/is pretty asshole with dropping sources of their exynos chipsets.

That's why I will never go outside Nexus devices in android, sure there're terrific and marvellous devices out there, but I won't ever make the same mistake again as I did with Samsung.
Nexus 5 32 GB Black | My flickr gallery

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloot View Post
but I won't ever make the same mistake again as I did with Samsung.
especially if you were around when ICS came out and know what samsung did regarding updating their phones... that was the moment i said to myself "no more samsungs for me"

lyall29
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
especially if you were around when ICS came out and know what samsung did regarding updating their phones... that was the moment i said to myself "no more samsungs for me"
What about the emmc brickbug on the galaxy s2 and the note 1, and the sudden death syndrome on the Note 2. I'm growing tired of Samsung myself.

Sure is nice to have factory images. Nexus FTW

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lyall29 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jh0ker
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbox421 View Post
I hope I wont regret it to buy a nexus 5.. 450 here in germany.
AFAIK it's 350 (16gb) and 400 (32gb) plus 10 shipping, at least that's what I paid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbox421 View Post
Hope the battery isn't that bad as many people tell here
There was a big thread on battery life, and as long as you stick to stock, you should be fine, i guess.