Will everyone please stop talking about different hardware versions?

OP rootSU

30th July 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #171  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,207

23,224 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antec123

yes i read the thread, i just pissed that i can't play my device since it's screen flickering and i just bought it 2 weeks ago. I will go to LG service center (in my country they just open on 4th august since it's Ramadan holiday), i hope that they can give me the replacement.

So why are you posting "401k"? This thread tells you it means nothing.
30th July 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 103

628 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

So why are you posting "401k"? This thread tells you it means nothing.

because i thought that what manufacturing date your phone is, bad things should always happens. even though you like it or not.

Quote:

There is only two versions 820/821. What you posted is manufacturing date, not version.

already edited
Last edited by antec123; 30th July 2014 at 12:56 PM.
30th July 2014, 12:18 PM   |  #173  
Thanks Meter: 78

301 posts
There is only two versions 820/821. What you posted is manufacturing date, not version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium App
16th October 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #174  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
rootSU - I get what you're saying about serials not meaning hardware revisions, but isn't that confusing?
As was pointed out by tylerdurden83, there was a GPS issue which was found on 310k models.
If this issue was fixed on that same 310k batch (and we can safely assume that it was), then that same issue has a much lower chance appearing on a future batch (small chance of the same issue returning after something was done to prevent it). Not to say new different defects wont start appearing.
You said "there is no relevance to the serial number", but by having one batch you probably wont have the defects of a different batch.

If I could minimize the risk of having a GPS issue by not buying 310k models, but still may have rattle of screen issues, I would prefer that.
16th October 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #175  
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 21,862

26,259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni999

rootSU - I get what you're saying about serials not meaning hardware revisions, but isn't that confusing?
As was pointed out by tylerdurden83, there was a GPS issue which was found on 310k models.
If this issue was fixed on that same 310k batch (and we can safely assume that it was), then that same issue has a much lower chance appearing on a future batch (small chance of the same issue returning after something was done to prevent it). Not to say new different defects wont start appearing.
You said "there is no relevance to the serial number", but by having one batch you probably wont have the defects of a different batch.

If I could minimize the risk of having a GPS issue by not buying 310k models, but still may have rattle of screen issues, I would prefer that.

i bought mine in december of 2013, theres no gps issue. most times you read about "issues", its usually a very very very few people that have issues. people that dont have issue, dont post about it. and people that do have issues, post it everywhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #176  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 12,207

23,224 posts
More
I've said everything that needs to be said. Read the thread. My points are clear

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 03:20 AM   |  #177  
Thanks Meter: 7

109 posts
I'm doing a RMA because my phone has 20 days left on the warranty, I got the first batch never had any problems with it. I'm just now getting really bad battery life however the phone is a yr old, and the were and tear on the phone, so if i can swap it out for a refurb, maybe they send me a new one, it's got to be better then mine at this point.
21st October 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #178  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 324

1,381 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godgib

I'm doing a RMA because my phone has 20 days left on the warranty, I got the first batch never had any problems with it. I'm just now getting really bad battery life however the phone is a yr old, and the were and tear on the phone, so if i can swap it out for a refurb, maybe they send me a new one, it's got to be better then mine at this point.

A new genuine OEM battery costs $15. Besides, degradation would not be a noticeable issue after 1 year. Your issue is probably software related as is usually the case.

If you plan to RMA just to "freshen up" your device, I would reconsider.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread