Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Will everyone please stop talking about different hardware versions?

OP rootSU

30th July 2014, 12:53 PM   |  #171  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,477
 
24,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antec123

yes i read the thread, i just pissed that i can't play my device since it's screen flickering and i just bought it 2 weeks ago. I will go to LG service center (in my country they just open on 4th august since it's Ramadan holiday), i hope that they can give me the replacement.

So why are you posting "401k"? This thread tells you it means nothing.
30th July 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #172  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 103
 
629 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootSU

So why are you posting "401k"? This thread tells you it means nothing.

because i thought that what manufacturing date your phone is, bad things should always happens. even though you like it or not.

Quote:

There is only two versions 820/821. What you posted is manufacturing date, not version.

already edited
Last edited by antec123; 30th July 2014 at 01:56 PM.
30th July 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #173  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95
 
322 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
There is only two versions 820/821. What you posted is manufacturing date, not version.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium App
16th October 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #174  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
rootSU - I get what you're saying about serials not meaning hardware revisions, but isn't that confusing?
As was pointed out by tylerdurden83, there was a GPS issue which was found on 310k models.
If this issue was fixed on that same 310k batch (and we can safely assume that it was), then that same issue has a much lower chance appearing on a future batch (small chance of the same issue returning after something was done to prevent it). Not to say new different defects wont start appearing.
You said "there is no relevance to the serial number", but by having one batch you probably wont have the defects of a different batch.

If I could minimize the risk of having a GPS issue by not buying 310k models, but still may have rattle of screen issues, I would prefer that.
16th October 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #175  
simms22's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 22,503
 
26,817 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoni999

rootSU - I get what you're saying about serials not meaning hardware revisions, but isn't that confusing?
As was pointed out by tylerdurden83, there was a GPS issue which was found on 310k models.
If this issue was fixed on that same 310k batch (and we can safely assume that it was), then that same issue has a much lower chance appearing on a future batch (small chance of the same issue returning after something was done to prevent it). Not to say new different defects wont start appearing.
You said "there is no relevance to the serial number", but by having one batch you probably wont have the defects of a different batch.

If I could minimize the risk of having a GPS issue by not buying 310k models, but still may have rattle of screen issues, I would prefer that.

i bought mine in december of 2013, theres no gps issue. most times you read about "issues", its usually a very very very few people that have issues. people that dont have issue, dont post about it. and people that do have issues, post it everywhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #176  
rootSU's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 13,477
 
24,585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
I've said everything that needs to be said. Read the thread. My points are clear

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rootSU For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st October 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #177  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
109 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
I'm doing a RMA because my phone has 20 days left on the warranty, I got the first batch never had any problems with it. I'm just now getting really bad battery life however the phone is a yr old, and the were and tear on the phone, so if i can swap it out for a refurb, maybe they send me a new one, it's got to be better then mine at this point.
21st October 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #178  
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 353
 
1,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godgib

I'm doing a RMA because my phone has 20 days left on the warranty, I got the first batch never had any problems with it. I'm just now getting really bad battery life however the phone is a yr old, and the were and tear on the phone, so if i can swap it out for a refurb, maybe they send me a new one, it's got to be better then mine at this point.

A new genuine OEM battery costs $15. Besides, degradation would not be a noticeable issue after 1 year. Your issue is probably software related as is usually the case.

If you plan to RMA just to "freshen up" your device, I would reconsider.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #179  
Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
88 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by godgib

I'm doing a RMA because my phone has 20 days left on the warranty, I got the first batch never had any problems with it. I'm just now getting really bad battery life however the phone is a yr old, and the were and tear on the phone, so if i can swap it out for a refurb, maybe they send me a new one, it's got to be better then mine at this point.

A new battery cost only 15$ and its lower risk than getting an refurbished device which may have even worse battery.
Also remember li-ion battery degrade between 2-3% each month. If you discharge it to 0% every time instead of charge it every time it go below 40% it will degrade much faster. If you charge it at same time playing graphics intensive games like Real Racing battery will loose a lot of capacity if you do that regularly.

Under extreme circumstances battery may have lost up to 36% of its capacity.
25th October 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #180  
monkeypaws's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 533
 
1,935 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircondition

A new battery cost only 15$ and its lower risk than getting an refurbished device which may have even worse battery.
Also remember li-ion battery degrade between 2-3% each month. If you discharge it to 0% every time instead of charge it every time it go below 40% it will degrade much faster. If you charge it at same time playing graphics intensive games like Real Racing battery will loose a lot of capacity if you do that regularly.

Under extreme circumstances battery may have lost up to 36% of its capacity.

Most people don't want to take apart their phones.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes